VW

Got any jokes? Add your favourite ones here, for all to share :)
MacV2

Re: VW

Post by MacV2 »

The Germans are embroiled in another scandal as they plan to change the alphabet to be ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUXYZ

It's a VW omissions scandal.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote:
I was watching a TV program recently about super planes, passenger carrying aeroplanes that is. The super plane carries 500 passengers and cargo, and this one was going from LA to Paris. According to the program the plane took on board 165,000 litres of fuel, if my maths is right that's 36,295 UK gallons 8O 8O for one flight.
And they say the biggest culprits are the shipping industry for pollution, it certainly makes you wonder how high up the list aeroplanes are,

Chris.
I watched something similar years ago Chris, iirc it was about one trans Atlantic Boeing flight, uses the same amount of fuel that's used in the whole season of car Grand Prix. Including all the logistical support 8O

If you want to see how many planes are up, or where their going at any one moment look here.

http://www.flightradar24.com/53.58,-6.93/5

Click on any plane symbol to get all the info :thumbup:
macdee

Post by macdee »

MacV2 wrote:The Germans are embroiled in another scandal as they plan to change the alphabet to be ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUXYZ

It's a VW omissions scandal.
:lol: :roll:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

the thing that winds me up the most is that all the retards who are saying how bad VW are not actually realize that when that they are crawling alone in near stationary trafic doing virtually 0 miles to the gallon whilst taking the brats to school, the after treatment don't work anyway
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote:
I watched something similar years ago Chris, iirc it was about one trans Atlantic Boeing flight, uses the same amount of fuel that's used in the whole season of car Grand Prix. Including all the logistical support 8O

If you want to see how many planes are up, or where their going at any one moment look here.

http://www.flightradar24.com/53.58,-6.93/5

Click on any plane symbol to get all the info :thumbup:
Cheers for the link Phil, it's scary to see something like that, you don't always think about what's going on above us. It's the same with the shipping industry, it's going on, but not many of us see it,

Chris.