Virgin sky or bt

General Biker Banter
nt1980

Re: Virgin sky or bt

Post by nt1980 »

I was with bt and had been for about ten years until we moved home our broadband and phone had faults all the time which became so annoying the last engineer basicly told me they were just giving someone else the fault as the main cable that runs to the exchange is perished and in need of changing but would be very costly so i swapped to sky the reason is i believe bt would have to pay sky for any downtime but bt customers dont matter since changing i have never had any issues.
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

alanfjones1411 wrote:I am with bt and the only reason why is bt sport and their exclusivity to have moto gp

+1 me too. However the rest isn't too bad as well. netlfix and the free USA channels are ok. Sport is good too.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
artee

Post by artee »

Ring bt and tell them it's too much.
I did yesterday, threatened to cancel BT sport.
I now have BT sport for £2.50 a month, three months free HD and broadband infinity 1 unlimited for £16 a month.
I'll post the UK call centre number when I can.

Roger
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Over the years I have swapped and changed a bit .... 1st with sky ... binned them.. and then 2nd went to
Virgin and the V Box... but problems there and I spent half my life talking to Mr Ranjit Patel esq... somewhere
on the Indian sub continent on a regular basis trying to zap the V box into life ... so I ended up
binning Virgin due to inferior equipment and connection issues.. they told me they wanted their piece of
c _ _ p returned and I waited and waited no cardboard box arriving... finally to be told by a service advisor 6 months later
to get rid of it myself... I cannot express the fulfilment of swinging a lump hammer through the V Box ,
Router and all and contributing its remnants to St Helens MBC council skip .... well now I have Sky for everything
just received a letter going up £9.00 p month ... £1 rental and £8 increase to enable free calls to mobiles
mmmm ... so I am teetering again .. ..... Virgin and Vivid 200 megs and Tivo box .. more channels.?
The 20th Century leaves us in the dark in St Helens ... No fibre broadband yet .. under review from BT
best 6 megs through the old copper telephone wire ... at least 35 years old ( age of property ) .
We are all screwed ... freeview or freesat is the way to go , I would miss sky sports , golf especially
but hey ho .. the hail the wind and rain :thumbup:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Being overcharged gets on my norks so it does.

Reading about some of you chaps saying you want to cancel contracts, and then the companies offer cheaper deals and special drop-down prices...just to keep you as a customer...

It gets me angry (as a customer)

When this happens to me (for example: I call up and want to move to another supplier, and the original company then offers me a deal with lower package price), I flip my lid and get bl00dy angry with them.

"So!".... (I tell them), ..."why do I have to be leaving you for you to discount my package? Why couldn't the package be THAT price in the first place? That's PROOF yer overcharging me, knowing that you can knock it down 30 quid and give me free deals AFTER I complain". :Argue 1:

OOOh. These companies make me mad.

If they can give it to you at the discount price when you say yer leaving, then why can't they put it at that price to start with?

It's all man danglies. :evil:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
artee

Post by artee »

artee wrote:Ring bt and tell them it's too much.
I did yesterday, threatened to cancel BT sport.
I now have BT sport for £2.50 a month, three months free HD and broadband infinity 1 unlimited for £16 a month.
I'll post the UK call centre number when I can.

Roger
Ok
Bt customer options
0800 800030 option 1

Roger
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Being overcharged gets on my norks so it does.

Reading about some of you chaps saying you want to cancel contracts, and then the companies offer cheaper deals and special drop-down prices...just to keep you as a customer...

When this happens to me (for example: I call up and want to move to another supplier, and the original company then offers me a deal with lower package price), I flip my lid and get bl00dy angry with them.

"So!".... (I tell them), ..."why do I have to be leaving you for you to discount my package? Why couldn't the package be THAT price in the first place? That's PROOF yer overcharging me, knowing that you can knock it down 30 quid and give me free deals AFTER I complain". :Argue 1:

If they can give it to you at the discount price when you say yer leaving, then why can't they put it at that price to start with?

I know exactly where you're coming from Dave. I think they are working on the basis that not all can be bothered to be chasing a better deal, busy lives etc, they just pay up, job done. Once they have you as a costumer, they only need to offer you a goodie bag deal if you're thinking about leaving, or that's the way it seems to be. I agree, it would be much better for us if they offered you the best price to start with, but that would mean less money for the share holders.

How about this (I won't go mentioning any names) but when it came time for my VTR's insurance to be renewed I started phoning around as one does. I ended up with a deal that was cheaper via a broker than the quote I got by going direct to the same company :wtf: and to top it off, the same insurance company is who I have my home insurance with. They said they'd give me a discount if I took out another insurance with them.

I asked the broker why this is the case, after all the brokers put a charge on top of around £20 I'm sure, so it should have been cheaper going direct, not more money :crazy: The broker said I'm not the first to ask this,

Chris.
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

It's all a legal rip off and these fkrs know it too :redface
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Being overcharged gets on my norks so it does.

cause some tits don't ask and are happy to pay. Some people can't be arsed with the hassle.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!