Causing a storm in Wales!

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
craigybaby

Causing a storm in Wales!

Post by craigybaby »

Heya

Have just purchased a storm. Love them. Had a poster of one when I went to the Bike show a few years ago but couldnt afford one then.

Have upgraded from a GPZ500!.

Took the storm out for a test ride for an hr. Major grin factor. Really looking forward to having it delivered.

Am a bit concerned about these cam chain tensioners tho!

(PS. how do i post a pic of my storm?)
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Don't worry about CCT some times they never go, sometimes you hear a sort of ticking.............you'll know it when you hear it. but some time they go bang and blow the engine, this is quite rare.
I believe it can be avoided by gentle down shifts, matching revs before changing.
I changed mine at 20,000 miles as the front was ticking a little.
There are fixes that you can do i.e. manual tesioners and ones from other makes of bikes.
But would not let this issue put you off a really great bike.
it may be clever, but its not big.
craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

I picked my new baby up today

On a 51 plate - 8700miles. mine for £3500 with fsh.

I had them fit a Datatool System 4 alarm. That, together with my ground anchor, lock and chain, disc lock and an 8 stone German Shepherd dog should keep it safe. IF they get past all that then they must REALLY want the bike!

Took it out for a blast today after picking it up from the show room.

Loved it.

Typical storm..... its got that characteristic clunk from first to second. Unfortunately i haven't been able to post a pic yet but it's a teal/blue colour.

Will keep you all updated
Monkey!

Post by Monkey! »

Nah, yellow will always win!

Got to say that I worried about my CCT's when I got mine (98, 13000m). Not a peep but you get paranoid about them.

Strikes me that the best option is to just get on with it and enjoy yourself. Obviously if they're rattling like an old tractor change them but if they're gonna spontaneously grenade themselves without warning, what can you do????

And mines nice and secure too. Alarm, anchor, chains and two yappy little dogs- far more of a deterrent to scum than a great big hound- they'll think nothing of coshing an alsation if it goes for them but mine hide under things and make lots of noise from the safety of their cover. And they nip.....
Monkey!

I may be mad but at least I'm not dead. Yet. And long may that be so.