Guy on F1

General Bike chat
Kev L

Re: Guy on F1

Post by Kev L »

Funnily enough I just said exactly that to the Mrs whilst we are watching the show. Guy has a good personality for this type of show, but it would be good to see a full motto GP bike with carbon brakes and all the good stuff, to give a fairer reflection.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Funnily enough I just said exactly that to the Mrs whilst we are watching the show. Guy has a good personality for this type of show, but it would be good to see a full motto GP bike with carbon brakes and all the good stuff, to give a fairer reflection.
Is MOTTO gp a new championship Kev 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Watch it short butt!!!! :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Watch it short butt!!!! :lol:
:biggrin
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Was good tv and showed guy and dc as decent blokes, but dc is used to the finer things in life.... Like bathing :lol:
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

I don't think it would matter if there was a gp bike in the race the f1 car is still going to win hands down
I have seen the Webber / casey race and the bikes looks so slow when up against the car
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

I enjoyed the program. I was wondering how they would get around the 30 second lap time difference and they way they did it was good.

What would make a great follow up is to find a car that matches the bike. Then we can see the difference in power to weight and drag.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

When it comes to racing I know which one I'd rather watch. Even a moped marathon is better entertainment than F1.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

firestorm_al wrote:When it comes to racing I know which one I'd rather watch. Even a moped marathon is better entertainment than F1.
Too true... Even dc and his pit crew were amazed by the way a race bike reacts when it's ridden on the ragged edge, and how much the rider Weight has to move
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

macdee wrote:I don't think it would matter if there was a gp bike in the race the f1 car is still going to win hands down
I have seen the Webber / casey race and the bikes looks so slow when up against the car

Totally agree, its simple physics that the car will be faster in most situations... however just because it's faster doesnt make it more interesting to watch :thumbup:
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

Squiffythewombat wrote:
macdee wrote:I don't think it would matter if there was a gp bike in the race the f1 car is still going to win hands down

Totally agree, its simple physics that the car will be faster in most situations... however just because it's faster doesnt make it more interesting to watch :thumbup:
You're right ,what makes any racing interesting regardless of whether its car /bike, snail is the fact that there is some form of competition
they all have to engage in a battle to win , the more the merrier ,that makes it exciting and worth a watch
As seen in F1 over the years a certain team has a better car and walks away with the championship they usually throw in a couple of little set backs just to try and keep an interest going
Its the same in bikes if it happens then the real racing is seen farther down the field where the bikes are more evenly matched
so as you have said it doesn't need to be faster just more evenly matched , but that's a hole new can of worms
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I watched this and a very good and interesting watch it was. I think though maybe it should have been a formula 2 or 3 car as the F1 is the top race car but unfortunately GM's bike isn't.

I was a little surprised that the car did the 1/4 mile in 10secs, a busa out the box would match that. I also thought Guy took it a bit easy on the slalom test, but still good viewing
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Enjoyable watch but pointless
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just a way to promote F1 on Ch 4. A good watch anyway.