Exhaust System

General Bike chat
NZred

Exhaust System

Post by NZred »

I went to a bike shop sale last week.. and they had a set of Yosimura pipes and mufflers for an SP1,.. excellent. :D The primary pipes are stepped larger and do not appear to actually join.
I would like to get pipes like that for the Fire Storm ,.. :D .. but apparently they are not available :roll: and the SP1 pipes won't install onto Fire Storm. ( the primary pipes interest me more that the mufflers)

?? Does anyone know if there is a system like the Yoshimura big bore pipe availabloe to fit Fire Storms ??
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

I've got a big bore full Akrapovic system fitted to my Storm. Header pipes are up to 2" ish diameter (I think) and the sound and performance gains are fantastic. Akrapovic are still producing this system in both normal and high-level options. Yoshimura used to produce a full system for the 'Storm similar to the one you describe but the line was discontinued in 2001. You can still get systems if you shop around but they are pretty scarce (Don't buy carbon cans on either though as while some can withstand the big twins power pulses, the akrapovic and yoshi decay and crumble quite quickly).
Si
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ive got the Yoshi headers going on my bike very soon. Ill let you know what difference they make once we've dyno'ed.

Cheers
DD

Post by DD »

Hay now how about some www addresses for after market pipes I might have to look into this one. Art is mentioned a bit were are they?
cheers Darryl
NZred

Post by NZred »

WAYNE,.. i LIKE THE TWINS.. 8O :D
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
schnarf

Post by schnarf »

Just fitted a pair of stainless Art ovals and oh my god - what a sound!! Got them from Busters who were selling them off for £199 a pair, down from £370. Don't know if they've got any left but worth a call.
Contact 08702 412040. http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk
chrisk992003

schnarf

Post by chrisk992003 »

Do you have a pic on the bike with the cans fitted ? I'm after a pair but want to see them on the bike first - and are they the race ones ?
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

Ive got scorpions fitted nice and loud and they look good.I went for stainless as the ally art cans need polishing all the time .My bikes on the gallery if you want to see them.
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

I now have full yoshi RS3 system fitted..... woweee 8O :lol:

so much more midrange acceleration than even with the Ixils on, feels like a different bike.

Phil 8)
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.