Carb slides

General Biker Banter
addicted to rage

Carb slides

Post by addicted to rage »

Hey guys i cant remember where i heard this and not sure if it is true but r the carb slides different for front and back ? if so how can you tell and what r the symptoms if they r in the wrong way
lloydie

Re: Carb slides

Post by lloydie »

Same front and rear .
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Jets different, slides the same IIRC
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
addicted to rage

Mav617 wrote:Jets different, slides the same IIRC
taught what was a strange thing alright
mmm bike isnt running well like the slides r not rising . carbs were cleaned and synced , all pipes r in place on airbox . it just has no power barely get 70mph out of her
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Have you checked the diaphragms are installed properly?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Have you done anything else to it latley...like install new CCT's ?

As that sounds like the timing is out !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
kev64

Post by kev64 »

ConTRo13R wrote:Have you checked the diaphragms are installed properly?
Make sure both slides return the same, theres a video somewhere, including the sound they make !!
addicted to rage

ill check them again the spings r very long and it was tricky alright gettin that closed up .
addicted to rage

MacV2 wrote:Have you done anything else to it latley...like install new CCT's ?

As that sounds like the timing is out !
just full service . i have the manual ccts there ordered them from a gent from this site havent installed them yet . ill be checkin the timing after install was plannin on doing the valve clearances at the same time as i only have the bike short time and have no clue on her history , 27k miles on the clock
addicted to rage

kev64 wrote:
Make sure both slides return the same, theres a video somewhere, including the sound they make !!
any idea where to find that video
addicted to rage

went looking on youtube and i think it maybe the diaphragms when i start it with with airbox open my slide r totally stationary i noticed in few youtube vids there lads with aix totally off and the slides pulse , so maybe mine r not pulling out properly while driving
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

There you go.

Take your time with the diaphragms, what I do is have the rubber diaphragms rolled down over the slides and then rest then in the carbs with themy seated in position then I wedge a pexcellent of cardboard into the venturi to stop the slides fully going in (but in enough that the needle is in the emulsion tube. Then take the black cap a wedge the spring in leaving an inch or so hanging out and hold with a finger between the spring coils, use this a your guide to getting the spring into the slide. Then once the extra inch is in the slide so it just yourealised finger between the slide and the cap use your ninja skills let the spring go and push the cap on to the slide. Slowly remove cardboard from venturi whilst pushing the cap down. Now hover the cap half a cm or so above the diaphragms seal and have a good look to make sure she is sitting nicely in the groove. Adjust if necessary. Then push cap fully on and bolt down. If that even makes any sense at all.............
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

addicted to rage wrote:went looking on youtube and i think it maybe the diaphragms when i start it with with airbox open my slide r totally stationary i noticed in few youtube vids there lads with aix totally off and the slides pulse , so maybe mine r not pulling out properly while driving
Can you push the slide up into the Carb fully?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
addicted to rage

tony.mon wrote:
addicted to rage wrote:went looking on youtube and i think it maybe the diaphragms when i start it with with airbox open my slide r totally stationary i noticed in few youtube vids there lads with aix totally off and the slides pulse , so maybe mine r not pulling out properly while driving
Can you push the slide up into the Carb fully?
they do indeed . i have manual cct to fit so ill tear her right down again the workshop spot currently has my poor zrx in it so she will get the tlc first . ill let yis know
addicted to rage

ConTRo13R wrote:There you go.

Take your time with the diaphragms, what I do is have the rubber diaphragms rolled down over the slides and then rest then in the carbs with themy seated in position then I wedge a pexcellent of cardboard into the venturi to stop the slides fully going in (but in enough that the needle is in the emulsion tube. Then take the black cap a wedge the spring in leaving an inch or so hanging out and hold with a finger between the spring coils, use this a your guide to getting the spring into the slide. Then once the extra inch is in the slide so it just yourealised finger between the slide and the cap use your ninja skills let the spring go and push the cap on to the slide. Slowly remove cardboard from venturi whilst pushing the cap down. Now hover the cap half a cm or so above the diaphragms seal and have a good look to make sure she is sitting nicely in the groove. Adjust if necessary. Then push cap fully on and bolt down. If that even makes any sense at all.............
cheers sounds like u have done this a few times. i have worked on loads of sets of carbs but never have i seen a spring liek the one in the vtr is madness