GoPro helmet mounting

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
-Floris-

Re: GoPro helmet mounting

Post by -Floris- »

TravisZack wrote:I'm also a chin-bar fan. I don;t have any pics of the mounting but I use the velcro strap at the moment and wrap it around, just need to keep the visa cracked open but no bother. I was thinking about a sticky on the front at some point.

Good for photos too as it stops a lot of the virbration, still need to shoot a bunch though and pick out the non-blurry ones.
Could you make some pictures for me of the mount? I'm not sure my helmet suits the sticky chin mount and I would like to try it :D
bald_pig wrote:
-Floris- wrote:I like your chest view as well, but unfortunately due to my dark high screen that shot is ruined :think: You can't see anything but the inside of my fairing, hands and the clocks. Also a thing that annoyed me when riding around with the thing on my chest, when I reach high speeds/accelerate fast I always lean a bit more forward and then sometimes it collides with the tank + the view is worse.

But when I compare our 2 views, I see yours is from a higher perspective.. How high do you wear the mount? Mine was at the lower end of my diaphragm. Or you're just 2 meters long and sit very upright :lol:

This is my current view with the cam mounted on the left side.
I wear it up over my breastbone, plus I'm 6'3" with short legs :lol:

I do tend to sit quite upright when commuting too, I have some footage of a racier position, 3:25 onwards :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]
Maybe I'll try to position it a little bit higher, but I'm only 5''11" so we'll see, thanks anyways :thumbup:
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers