Breaking Tony.mon's Storm

Moderator: VTRDark

tony.mon

Re: Breaking Tony.mon's Storm

Post by tony.mon »

I'll box it and check weight and sizes and let you know what shipping is; it's worth checking as sometimes arranging collection from your end is cheaper :crazy:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

tony.mon wrote:The pair of cylinder heads with oversize inlet valves are now on ebay at 99p.
This should be fun!
Linked them on the Facebook page mate, at least the watch count will increase!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks for that.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with the cylinderheads sale Tony,

Chris.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

tony.mon wrote:I'll box it and check weight and sizes and let you know what shipping is; it's worth checking as sometimes arranging collection from your end is cheaper :crazy:
Thanks Mate. :beer:
hawky

Post by hawky »

tony.mon wrote:Ok, now one of the big ticket items: PRICE DROP- DOWN TO £200 POSTED- I need the space!
Ladies and gentlemen, here we have an enlarged airbox, fitted with Aluminium stacks Hand Made by GSLR from this very forum! (different lengths, to preserve the midrange), K+N filter (don't be afraid- you can make these work well) a Flo Commander, which, if you don't know, fits onto the carbs main jet air intake and allows you to adjust down three main jet sizes or up one with the turn of a screw.
Better yet, you can adjust it without even taking the tank off....

Plus a set of carbs, with Factory Pro jet kit installed. However this is jetted to suit my own Storm setup, and so I will refit the supplied kit recommended jets for your bike, whether it's standard, standard with cans, standard with cans and a filter, or tuned. Plus all instructions for both Factory Pro and Flo Commander will be included.
I can't guarantee jetting will be spot on, as you will always benefit from setting carburation specific to your engine on a dyno, but it'll be close.

Due to amount of plumbing with externalising the airbox contents- the breathers need to be fitted around the now-bare airbox- (I can tell you how, or just include the pipework I have been using, if you prefer) plus the pipes for the fuel pump I have been running, I disconnected the carb heater coolant pipes. They're sawn off on the set of carbs included, and I'll throw in the bypass coolant hose. However, if you want to run the carb heater, I have available and will throw in a spare set of the carb parts and you can easily reinstate this function.
I've never had any carb icing problems, though....it's your choice.

Airbox volume is at least 10% over stock, and the intake sound is great 8) The snorkel is also enlarged, to allow more air in to the box.
A few pics:
[URL=http://s616.photobucket.com/user/V ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Happy to provide more pics and information to serious enquiries.

This lot nearly fits under a std tank- but because the lid of the airbox is also lifted 10mm using a spacer cut from a spare airbox you'll need to space up the nose of the tank about 20mm- spacers and stainless front tank mount bolts will be supplied.

This is a plug'n'play mod, everything you need is included, and yes, you will notice the difference :lol:

£250 plus P+P. NOW EDUCED TO CLEAR, £200- 15/5/2016
I don't want to think what it cost me to do, but in order to get the wife/significant other to approve the purchase, check out the cost of a Factory Pro jet kit plus a Flo Commander.....and a set of carbs (you can sell your old ones :wink: )

All of the information about these mods is in the Workshop section; I always post details of my builds as they go along, you can search on the relevant terms and find the build details.
Very interested in this if still for sale??
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

hawky wrote:

£250 plus P+P. NOW EDUCED TO CLEAR, £200- 15/5/2016
I don't want to think what it cost me to do, but in order to get the wife/significant other to approve the purchase, check out the cost of a Factory Pro jet kit plus a Flo Commander.....and a set of carbs (you can sell your old ones :wink: )

All of the information about these mods is in the Workshop section; I always post details of my builds as they go along, you can search on the relevant terms and find the build details.
Very interested in this if still for sale??[/quote]

Hawky, Tony is up in Yorkshire on the Storm run & is away till Monday , so don't expect a quick response on this...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Airbox, carbs, Flo Commander, etc now sold to Hawky.
:thumbup:
redpig

Post by redpig »

Hello Tony did you sell the belly pan?
ook
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

redpig wrote:Hello Tony did you sell the belly pan?
Long gone, mate.
Sorry
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

Hi Tony, have you still got the downpipes or are they gone also?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, but these are modified, not standard.
I fitted two Lambda sensors and a display so you can see real time fuelling as you ride.
Let me know if still interested in them.
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

I am exactly interrested in that mod mate. Wanted to do it after you posted what you were gonna do a few years back. Pls in box me with all the details, price etc. Just missed out on your heads that sold on the bay, was gutted
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

tony.mon wrote:Yes, but these are modified, not standard.
I fitted two Lambda sensors and a display so you can see real time fuelling as you ride.
Let me know if still interested in them.
I was gutted to miss out on the heads by a matter off pounds, whoever that last second sniper bid was is one lucky guy!!

How much are you wanting for the headers and displays?
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

Sent you a PM bout the headers mate, ill take them off your hands :thumbup: