Affording the storm??? Is it time to change bikes?

General Biker Banter

Should i sell my storm to get back on the road?

Sell the storm, get anything, at least youll be riding!
No votes
Save and wait the few months, it will be worth it!
75%
I couldnt give a rats butt what you do squiffy!
25%

Total votes: 24

Squiffythewombat

Affording the storm??? Is it time to change bikes?

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Hi Guys,

Due to some evil domestic circumstances and my new business it doesnt look like im going to be getting my bike back on the road now! Whilst most of the engine work is done, theres still tyres, servicing and stuff, it all mounts up!

So now im wondering....do i keep with the peasant buses for another few months and save hard to get her back on the road....OR do i quit while im ahead sell her and buy something cheap...no c90 jokes plz!

The summers pretty much here now, and i cant stand whatching all these idiots on R1's wizzing pass me while im waiting for the bus!

Ethical question: If biking was more affordable would more people ride? If this is true would our roads be safer or more dangerous?

Toby
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

squiff mate dont be disheartened!
take heart in the fact that bikeing just isnt everybody's cup of tea, im 9 and half stone wet through and some of the local lunatic bruiser's i know wouldnt go near a bike "your f#ckin mad you are" and "no chance, not with idiots in cars like me mate" are just a couple of frases that come to mind.
and its not just the safety bit either, just been down to my local shop to get some stuff done on the bike and i cant get in till the 9th may coz every fair weather warrior and his dog has got his bike in for work or a service after being sat for the last 5/6 months :evil:
keep going, think about it. your a better driver/rider coz you know the dangers. if you can and or have to wait a bit to do work on the bike coz of money it shows you have sense. and as far as ethics go you like rideing so stuff everybody else, let em carry on with thier heads up thier bums like drones in car's.
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Stay with it Squiffy, a couple of months down the line you will be glad you kept hold of it and have the time and money to enjoy it. These conundrums do come along from time to time and the worst thing you can do is be hastey.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

yeah stay with it. even if its not on the road it will be one day this year or next.
you,ll be standing next to it one sunny day, listening to it ticking as it cools down and thinking by the eck it don't get any better than this.
sh1t glad i didn't get the C90........... :lol:
it may be clever, but its not big.
kevstorm

Post by kevstorm »

stay with it mate,dont be to hasty :) we all make decisions we regret later on .made a few in the past but stick with it ,im sure it will be for the best, especially when your back riding the storm with a big grin on your face :wink:
gcs

Post by gcs »

I agree with the others on this one.
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

a grand onna credit card costs about £50 a month..i got my latest bits and pieces bought and fitted on one...but then again i CANNOT be without my storm.... :twisted:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
nobby50

Post by nobby50 »

stick with it mate...iam in the same boat at the moment .... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i put it up for sale a few weeks ago, but when it came too it ....i couldnt sell her :)
It might be old, but it still kicks ass !
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Stick with it Squiff, if you sell every time you see one of us passing you you'll have a really sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

If your passion is with the Firestorm, as others have said hang on too her :!: :wink:
Squiffythewombat

Hi Guys,

THANKS LOADS for the support, such true comments here and your all so right, any other bike is just not going to feel the same and after browsing the shitters on ebay i think it would be too painful to get rid of her.

Ive decided to sell off all my airsoft gear which should raise a good wack against it!

Kaz i remmber the pains you went through when you lost your first storm and i think after that i couldnt go through the same woes!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Airsoft gear?

Been to Lightfighter or First and Only by any chance?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Dammit... can't edit posts for some reason??

You'll be the same Squiffy from ASCUK then... team SERG bloke?

Small world innit.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Squiffythewombat

Kitch, LOL yes thats me! LFU's great! Do you know ali shim?

Although SERG was a really old team, i ran BARr for awhile too, then when i started my new business i stopped airsofting, i love biking much more than softing although im keeping some of my gear so i can still attend the odd skirmish!

If you know anybody after MP5/M16/M4/Uzi spares let me know :-)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Is this some secret code........I have no idea what you guys are talking about........................maybe I'm too old to understand.............even music today is just noise..............god I sound like my gran.
it may be clever, but its not big.