Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by AMCQ46 »

did you remember to re waterproof the folding camp thingy? its bound to be pissing down in Engerland.............. its Wimbledon week!
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote:did you remember to re waterproof the folding camp thingy? its bound to be pissing down in Engerland.............. its Wimbledon week!
Only for now. Cornwall will be pushing for independence from English weather soon, and will embrace the Euro.

You'll have to get a visa, but only if you shop in Iceland.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if i get a tan, il have to get a passport to get home ffs :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Checked my endorsements online and I'm down to 6 points :D Another 3 come off at the end of next month :D so that only leaves 3 which don't come off until next year. :( All's good though as 3 points does not affect anything. £ points are pretty much standard issue these days :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Checked my endorsements online and I'm down to 6 points :D Another 3 come off at the end of next month :D so that only leaves 3 which don't come off until next year. :( All's good though as 3 points does not affect anything. £ points are pretty much standard issue these days :lol:
see I told you it was worth checking..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Bike is fixed...
Bike is fixed!
Bike is fixed!!!

It's been like 7 weeks or something since the accident, and I've only had one ride since which was from the garage to the house to polish the b8stard thing..

I've been cranky as sh1t because I haven't been able to have any fun but the world is suddenly a beautiful, happy place.

Insurance expires in a few hours and I probably won't be able to pick it up until next week, but I really don't care. Don't have to pay for it being fixed as it was a faulty battery so warranty has covered it and my insurance quotes for next month are nearly £150pm cheaper than the Strom..

Anybody fancy going out next weekend? :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:Bike is fixed...
Bike is fixed!
Bike is fixed!!!

It's been like 7 weeks or something since the accident, and I've only had one ride since which was from the garage to the house to polish the b8stard thing..

I've been cranky as sh1t because I haven't been able to have any fun but the world is suddenly a beautiful, happy place.

Insurance expires in a few hours and I probably won't be able to pick it up until next week, but I really don't care. Don't have to pay for it being fixed as it was a faulty battery so warranty has covered it and my insurance quotes for next month are nearly £150pm cheaper than the Strom..

Anybody fancy going out next weekend? :lol:
Come to Devon Will, there are a couple of places still going, Lloydies not coming along so you safe there...however Pete is getting all cuddly aparently... 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

It's a bit far :lol:

I need to get all my confidence back before going away for a weekend, what if it breaks again? :lol:

Also I still need to replace my rear indicators because I'm a lazy b8stard, I also didn't think to ask the workshop to do it as I already have a replacement set... oops.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Virt wrote:Bike is fixed...
Bike is fixed!
Bike is fixed!!!

Don't have to pay for it being fixed as it was a faulty battery so warranty has covered it
That was good :thumbup:
What actually went wrong causing you to crash :?: dead battery killed the engine :?:

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

The crash was a guy pulling across in front of me. Locked the front and went down as they carried on.. it was down to a few things but I'm not convinced the tyres did a brilliant job, but I was the one pulling the lever so kinda my fault there.. have got some new tyres on the way though, so hopefully if it happens again I will fare better.

The bike was fine after the accident though, just a bit scratched. It started up fine until I washed it one day, about a month after the crash, and the entire electrics gave up, could turn the key and the dashboard would only light up maybe 50% of the time. That's what it went to the garage for.. I didn't think it was the battery as everything had been fine an hour prior and I even went and bought an oxford oximiser to charge it, to no avail

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Virt wrote:It's a bit far :lol:

I need to get all my confidence back before going away for a weekend, what if it breaks again? :lol:

Also I still need to replace my rear indicators because I'm a lazy b8stard, I also didn't think to ask the workshop to do it as I already have a replacement set... oops.
A bit fecking far, you knobber ride outside ya bloody county, BMW owners would wince at that remark, :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Virt wrote:It's a bit far :lol:

A bit fecking far, you knobber ride outside ya bloody county, BMW owners would wince at that remark, :lol:
http://overlandjunction.com/milestones/

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Virt

Post by Virt »

Well I'm not your average BMW biker, I know how to liberally apply the throttle occasionally :lol: :lol: I'm also like a third of the average age, I'm not like ady after all :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Virt wrote:Well I'm not your average BMW biker, I know how to liberally apply the throttle occasionally :lol: :lol: I'm also like a third of the average age, I'm not like ady after all :wink:
What you mean YMVirt is, you're Unique :thumbup:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Unique :lol: Yes that's one word for him.

come and have a cuddle uh ride
You know you want to :D :arrow:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal