Think it's dead

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
domdom

Think it's dead

Post by domdom »

Hello all got bit of a problem. After filling up, bike wouldn't start, AA about as much good as tits on a fish...... Any way replaced RR coils and plugs. Turns over fine just no spark. Any ideas help would be much appreciated
Wicky

Re: Think it's dead

Post by Wicky »

VTR1000F (Superhawk) Firestorm Service Manual PDF > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18025
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
domdom

Post by domdom »

Thanks wicky, just ordered icm as pretty much been though that list...... if that don't fix it, your all welcome round for bonfire :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

After filling up, bike wouldn't start,
Hold on is this not a fuelling issue. Tank breather, tank ventilation issue, Vapour lock from overfilling possibly. Are you sure it's not sparking or maybe there are two issue happening at the same time here. I have a feeling you may be barking up the wrong tree. It no good throwing money at parts in hope that is maybe. Diagnose where the problem is then change or fix the required parts.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17803
==============================Enter the Darkside
domdom

Post by domdom »

Quit sure it's not fueling problem, as it happened at pump, also drained half the fuel out when got home made no difference. Defo no spark even tried new plugs today. Put old sheet over me and bike just to make it as dark as possible, not a thing .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I take it the bike spins cranks over OK then. Sidestand switch is a common failure. You may want to bypass that by joining the two wires together to rule it out. When you changed the coils did the HT leads get changed too or did put stick coils on?
==============================Enter the Darkside
domdom

Post by domdom »

Yep she turns over like a good'un, changed the HT leads when got coils, just joined Sidestrand wires together, unfortunately made no difference..... ouff
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

You didn't put diesel in by mistake? Has this happened before? Any strange/warning signs before it happened?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
domdom

Post by domdom »

Just been and checked defo got petrol in tank, only thing that happened was had to jump it that morning, but fired straight up got to garage filled up and nowt. Turned over put didn't start.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

How did you jump it? Maybe blew the ecu. You have a spare to check?
domdom

Post by domdom »

Off the car, that's what I was thing after replacing most of the other stuff, should have one Thursday all being well.
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTR Phoenix wrote:You didn't put diesel in by mistake? Has this happened before? Any strange/warning signs before it happened?
How would that stop it sparking!?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Watty wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:You didn't put diesel in by mistake? Has this happened before? Any strange/warning signs before it happened?
How would that stop it sparking!?
Was going by most recent posts, see above regards fueling problem and CC post. I've had a long day and missed some posts. Is it such a bike issue? It happens
Hamrammr

Post by Hamrammr »

I once had the same problem on a CRM 250 Mk2 I used to own. If you use the kill-switch to stop the engine flick it on and off a few times to check if that's not your problem. You can also open the kill-switch housing and spray it with electrical contact spray just to make sure.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Hamrammr wrote:I once had the same problem on a CRM 250 Mk2 I used to own. If you use the kill-switch to stop the engine flick it on and off a few times to check if that's not your problem. You can also open the kill-switch housing and spray it with electrical contact spray just to make sure.
If the kill switch is the issue it wouldn't even turn over.