Custom Turntable / Stand for sale on ebay

Moderator: VTRDark

Tempest

Custom Turntable / Stand for sale on ebay

Post by Tempest »

Checked the forum rules and see it's ok to place here items we've also listed on ebay.

So here is a link to my item I've just put up for sale a few days ago: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172298003322

Made it a few years ago, as a custom design, turned / milled / drilled the various Aluminium and Steel pieces also.
really solid thick plywood sitting and screwed down onto some very heavy duty steel dollies running on strong nylon wheels all on bearings.
No cheap home product from B&Q stuff.

Pretty easy also if someone wished to in some way customise it. I'd think any standard bike would be fine, only thing may be to unscrew and move the two solid chunks of aluminium I made (just 4 screws) and move them to where your side stand is positioned.

As it's designed, they are in the right place for a Yamaha TDM850 and a Firestorm, so I'd guess most bikes must be pretty near the same position anyway.

As you can guess, really strong and heavy, so it needs a "man with a van"
Well, unless you want to roll it home! :biggrin
bigtwinthing

Re: Custom Turntable / Stand for sale on ebay

Post by bigtwinthing »

i like that but can Tony Mon modify it and make it go faster, lighter and um had some silvery down tubey things :D glws.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

bigtwinthing wrote:i like that but can Tony Mon modify it and make it go faster, lighter and um had some silvery down tubey things :D glws.
Well the wheels are all running on nice ball bearings, even with the weight of a bike, on a smooth surface it will roll quite easy.

You could always just strap the front of your bike onto it, leave your rear wheel on the ground and ride it home!
Steering, could prove a challenge. YouTube material if such a feat was to be attempted that's for sure :)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nice piece of work.
I suggest you add the word dolly to teh ad, to help with searches.
GLWS
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

tony.mon wrote:Nice piece of work.
I suggest you add the word dolly to teh ad, to help with searches.
GLWS
Thanks for the advice.
If I'm honest, I only knew they were called Dollys about a week ago.

I did use the term in my description, but had also added it to the end of the title as you suggested.
If you feel the title could be improved to help with more searches using terms "bikers" would tend to search for, then naturally I would be most appreciative.

Pricing up something that's custom made I felt was hard. I think I'm asking a fair price (cheap) for the cost of the dollys as they are not home/diy grade ones, the wood, the time to custom make all the metal bits.

I know you can buy workshop stands, but this is something you can just leave in the garage and wheel the bike onto every night if you wanted. makes it easy to push the bike around as you wish then :)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Little update bump....

For whatever reason, perhaps distance/pickup (which I can understand) or price, though I still think it's little money against what it would cost you to build anything like this, my Turntable/Stand/Dolly/Trolly did not get any bidders.

I am eager to have the space now my bike is gone, so I've halved the original asking price now to £50 start and £100 Buy It Now.

Anyone who wishes to know any more, feel free to ask.

:)