what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Mav617 »

Wicked :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote:Having Firestorms, im sure we appreciate a nice set of carbs on here?

I had my 500 carbs stripped, inspected & ultrasonically cleaned and popped the bike back together today, shes running much, much better.

Before

[url]Image

[url]Image

After

[url]Image

[url]Image

Look just as nice in-situ.

[url]Image

[url]Image
They almost look like new :clap:
What a bike the RD500 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Then removed the headers to take the. To work to have the feck off big dent removed..
Is the dent on the front pipe right on the bend :?: if so I also have one right there, although not that big. How are you intending to have yours removed Al :?:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yup it's in the same place Chris. I did it putting the bike on the trailer for the track day just using the tailgate as a ramp... Work fine for the dirt bikes, but the angle is too steep for the road bikes and it bottomed out on the exhaust.

Plan is to weld some rods into the base of the dent, heat it up till red and then use a slide hammer on the rods.... Well that's the plan!
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Yup it's in the same place Chris. I did it putting the bike on the trailer for the track day just using the tailgate as a ramp... Work fine for the dirt bikes, but the angle is too steep for the road bikes and it bottomed out on the exhaust.

Plan is to weld some rods into the base of the dent, heat it up till red and then use a slide hammer on the rods.... Well that's the plan!
Ah I see Al, I bet you were annoyed about that. I did mine in a service station, the idiots had speed humps before the fuel pumps and as I was turning my bike around with me on it I caught the header. Like I say it's not that bad, just annoying, especially when I only went into the service station to ask directions to a motorcycle shop. I guess the boy-racers are to blame :wink:

I read somewhere (it could have been on the Superhawk forum) rather than doing what you intend, somebody suggested you use a freezer. Apparently you put enough water in the header so it covers the dented area by a few inches or so either side of the dent, then place the headers in the freezer. When the water freezes it's meant to push the dent out. I've not tried it but it sounds feasible, and if it works is easier than what you are intending to do. Do blame me though if you try it and it goes wrong :)

Here's one here someone did for a CRF450:-
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/68638/

**EDIT** 7/12/2016
I've found another link on this freezer trick. The bit that seems to be important that I hadn't mentioned above is that you need to cover the dented area with a towel or similar, so that the water either side of the dent can freeze first before the water where the dent is freezes up for this to work:-
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/kn ... val-17672/

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

good clean today with Bilt Hamber then some ACF 50 rubbed on, however 12 degrees sat so going out again lol, may even ride to work Friday.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Bugger! Mine is tucked away now - just got to add some anti-ethanol stuff to the fuel.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

got it ready for the ride to work.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Just got a big bore zero titanium pipe for 10,000 JPY or 100 usd!!

Also stalled it about 20 times in the snow. Engine wasnt up to temp.... I also got a bad front coil. I know because it whacked me a few weeks ago. Going coil on plug after XMAS wallet beating stops.

As a side. the poor bike still has the carbs wayyyyyy out of tune. Its just too damn cold and I am on it every day.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

some photos from the minibike supermoto track day last weekend.

unfortunately I enjoyed the fun of racing too much :D

It took me all the way back to my MZ race days and the fun of stuffing your bike up the inside of the guy infront and banging elbows on a simple and slow 160cc bike was a way bigger buzz than doing a trackway at high speed on an expensive machine.

so I am already looking to get myself a pit bike supermoto, some spare wheels for wets and some tyre warmers so I can race in the Veterans class.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that pitbike stuff looks epic fun. it seems to be taking of in a big way. handy thing is they are proper sized bikes for me lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bigtwinthing wrote:got it ready for the ride to work.

130 mile round trip was good apart from the total shite drivers on the road, shite visability, the bike was absolutely bogging once i got it home. but still better that going in the car. all washed dried and back in the garage.
Watty

Post by Watty »

fabiostar wrote:that pitbike stuff looks epic fun. it seems to be taking of in a big way. handy thing is they are proper sized bikes for me lol
+1 :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Custard Crumble came home... :thumbup:

Tucked up in the MacCave & plugged into the Optimate...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

MacV2 wrote:The Custard Crumble came home...
That's some size of toilet rolls you have there. I knew you could get ''Man-Size'' tissues, but jeez...just exactly, how big, is your elbow?

...cue riposts, insults, quips, offensive remarks, derogatory comments and all round flak. :twisted: :twisted:

**Oh yeah, and welcome home CC! (**tries to make up for the nasty comment)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017