SP1 wiring diagram

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bikemad

SP1 wiring diagram

Post by bikemad »

I just bought a 2000 model SP1 in Australia.
The bike has an alarm fitted to it and I'd like to get rid of it but I need a wiring diagram so I
can work out what it's wired into?
Any idea where I can get a diagram?
I can't identify the alarm as it has nothing written on it..
Many thanks if you can help.
Cheers Ian.
PS I also have a 2005 Firestorm so I'm into the Honda twins! :angel:
lloydie

Re: SP1 wiring diagram

Post by lloydie »

Forgive me for not wanting to help a new member with only one post wanting to remove an alarm from a new to him bike !!
I'm sure you can see how suspect this looks !!

But I'll say hello and welcome .
bikemad

Post by bikemad »

No it's all above board!
I just received the bike(bought sight unseen from the other side of the country) and this is the
only dodgy thing on the bike I don't like.
I've not had to ask any questions before and have used the info off this forum to fit manual
cam chain tensioners on my vtr1000f etc.
So I'm not the local bike thief !!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

There are a couple here http://www.carlsalter.com/honda-service-manuals.asp
Which might be worth having a look at.

Calm down Lloydie. No self respecting thief would have to ask how to remove an immobiliser :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbup: :wave:
You must see how suspect this looks though. :problem:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

You shouldn't need a wiring diagram, just find the alarm, trace the wires to where they are linked into, cut them out and reconnect the existing wires,make sure you solder the joints and heat shrink them, that's what I did with my SP2, all you're doing is reversing the proccess from when it was installed, everything will end up fine, the tamper alarm in the alarm box may bleep for a while but just cover it up till it stops.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
bikemad

Post by bikemad »

I must confess, this is my first Fuel injected bike so I'm a bit on edge fiddling around with
the electrics and loom.
I also don't know what all the relays and sensors do and where they live on the bike.

I figured if I could work out by the colouring of the wire where the wiring from the alarm was connected and to what that would help.
Thanks for your help so far. :thumbup:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

OK, I can appreciate you're not quite sure about what goes where, and a bit unsure of what to do :Shock:
Trust me, this is not someone talking rubbish, I did it this way on my SP2 and everything is fine.
When I came to do mine I was worried like you :confused then after I'd finished it I wondered what all the fuss was about.
I'm sure that the latest bikes manufactured now will probably have the alarms built in, but back in the SP1 and 2 era they were just add ons.
So If you stop and think about it, when the alarm was fitted, all they did was tap into the relevant wires not the component's, all you have to do is find the wires they've spliced into, think of it as a branch off.
Just take your time, trace the wires from the alarm box/brain whatever you want to call it, do one wire at a time, if you have to do more than one wire at a time then colour code them with some coloured tape or mark them up with identification tabs.
Like I mentioned previously, the alarm box will probably go off, but just wrap some sponge around it and tape it up to mute it, when it has no power from the battery it will eventually stop, if it comes to it once you've got it free from the wiring you can always stick it somewhere where it can't be heard till it stops.
Hope this helps, good luck, I'm off to the garage to have a go at doing the fork seals on mine now.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
bikemad

Post by bikemad »

Ok, thanks for that.
It makes sense what you say so I'm a lot more confident on not cocking it up!
Thanks all the advice.
Cheers Ian.
bikemad

Post by bikemad »

Thanks for your advice cheekykev,I tackled it this morning and there was only one wire to cut
out of the main loom, one on either rear indicators and it's sorted.
I had to chase around to see where things went so one side fairing and nose fairing off
but it was good to see how this all goes together.
Lots of black tape hiding things!
So case closed and thanks for every bodies help.

Cheers Ian. :plainsmile