Dartford crossing

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
geeman22

Dartford crossing

Post by geeman22 »

To those not aware the dartford crossing is an A road and is 50 mph and has working average speed cameras I know 2 people who have been caught
baycat

Re: Dartford crossing

Post by baycat »

thanks for the heads up
podman

Post by podman »

Not that I automatically agree with cameras and their use but its well blatantly sign posted thats its a 50 with averages cameras, so they must have been going along in a dream world to have not got the message..

Same as the average limits on the M1 and M6, I drive through these nearly daily and detest them but when you see people whazzing through it all at normal motorway speeds, I dont have much sympathy..
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

podman wrote:Not that I automatically agree with cameras and their use but its well blatantly sign posted thats its a 50 with averages cameras, so they must have been going along in a dream world to have not got the message..

Same as the average limits on the M1 and M6, I drive through these nearly daily and detest them but when you see people whazzing through it all at normal motorway speeds, I dont have much sympathy..
:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I stick the cruise on in the car at the legal limits and also in the 50 averages etc. I have always been amazed at people flying past at 70/80 but the numbers who do get caught are pretty large, so they must just be plain stupid (or have false plates)!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Slightly different subject but still based on the Dartford river crossing. How long do you think it will be until bikes have to pay again? They stopped charging bikes, if I remember correctly, because of the inconvenience caused waiting for people to remove gloves, sort out cash, pay, replace gloves and pull away (especially in the age of huge WSB crowds at Brands to see Foggy). Now all payments are made online before or after travel we are a line of revenue which is untapped at present!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Slightly different subject but still based on the Dartford river crossing. How long do you think it will be until bikes have to pay again? They stopped charging bikes, if I remember correctly, because of the inconvenience caused waiting for people to remove gloves, sort out cash, pay, replace gloves and pull away (especially in the age of huge WSB crowds at Brands to see Foggy). Now all payments are made online before or after travel we are a line of revenue which is untapped at present!

Good point Kev...Not sure but I think the cameras are forwad facing so wouldn't pick up bikes reg...

I mean they can't even get the revenue from all the foreign HGV's that pass though apparently the bulk of them just never pay...

I used to stick a 20p coin in a blob of blutack to the head stock...20p It was a few years ago... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

The cameras at Dartford are the SPECS type, forward facing, so your right, bikes are fine to dodge this , which is a bit of a surprise as the HADECS 3 cameras are rear facing and linked to the nearby variable speed limits on the M25 and M20.

What could be more worrying for us is the noise being made by some political groups over here to copy the likes of France and ban "older" cars and bikes (IIRC 1997/99) from major cities.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Older vehicles have been in the spotlight but more recently the menace that is diesel is far more important to tackle IMHO. Filthy stuff.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

What could be more worrying for us is the noise being made by some political groups over here to copy the likes of France and ban "older" cars and bikes (IIRC 1997/99) from major cities.
IIRC already happening or coming into force. https://rideapart.com/articles/london-i ... otorcycles

Some owners of older bikes who live in central London are already selling up.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
podman

Post by podman »

Stratman wrote:Older vehicles have been in the spotlight but more recently the menace that is diesel is far more important to tackle IMHO. Filthy stuff.

I totally agree but of course, the older vehicle market is much smaller , has no manufacturer/authority representation so is far easier for the powers to be to instant changes to.
geeman22

Post by geeman22 »

Not all the cameras are forward facing I received a fine for riding my bike through there then had to provide proof it was a motorcycle
Southwind531

Post by Southwind531 »

I would imagine it's an urban myth, but isn't the crossing a private road so therefore not under the jurisdiction of the authorities?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Southwind531 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 pm I would imagine it's an urban myth, but isn't the crossing a private road so therefore not under the jurisdiction of the authorities?
The bridge was built by Private Finance Initiative funding - just like the construction of many hospitals have been funded in the past couple or three decades but it doesn't mean the bridge & hospitals are privately owned.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The Stasi would be proud of what's going on in this country with all the camera's used to keep a noose around our necks. It's shocking what happening in this country and what the master is getting away with and people keep rolling over on their backs. Who know's maybe we will have press gangs next going out and dragging us into a fight against those that opose our systems and ways. Wer'e so enslaved into the sytem now that the majority either couldn't care and are distracted by their gadgets like bait on the end of a hook or can't see what's going on under their noses. Slowly but surly we all being reeled in like a fish on the end of the hook and it's all to the detriment of us smaller fish. It's not so easy to catch and control a big fish and the big fish are helping the master catch the smaller ones so are freed.
==============================Enter the Darkside