Bar Risers...

General Bike chat
podman

Bar Risers...

Post by podman »

Is their fault to my thinking on these types of bar risers?

[url]Image

To fit these risers, the forks need to be lowered in the yokes? So the riser and then the actual handlebar can be fitted/clamped to the stanchion, Yes?

In doing so, you are effectively lowering the front end of the bike ?.....and then using the risers to get that height back...

= spending £x for fook all difference and an hour out of your life?

Am I right or wrong? :confused
MacV2

Re: Bar Risers...

Post by MacV2 »

No you take the clipon off, put the riser on & then put the clipon back...The risers are not as 'thick' as the std clip on so there is a gap above them for the clip on...It's wired but the clipon sits proud of the fork, hence the cap things to cover it up...

I had some... GB Moto IIRC awfull things made fek all differenc IMO, bit higher but did not alter the angles so made no difference to the wrist...Waste of money...

F2 bars are better re the angles...Flat bar mod will be a different kettle of fish re comfort...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:No you take the clipon off, put the riser on & then put the clipon back...The risers are not as 'thick' as the std clip on so there is a gap above them for the clip on...It's weird but the clipon sits proud of the fork, hence the cap things to cover it up...

I had some... GB Moto IIRC awfull things made fek all differenc IMO, bit higher but did not alter the angles so made no difference to the wrist...Waste of money...

F2 bars are better re the angles...Flat bar mod will be a different kettle of fish re comfort...
A mate of mine had a pair of GB Moto risers on his Storm, like Mac says, rather an odd arrangement with approx. half of the clip-on clamp sitting above the fork stanchion. Although I will say my mate never had any problems with them, in actual fact he liked them.

Chris.
podman

Post by podman »

Thanks very much for all the input gents.
dick taylor

Post by dick taylor »

I'm having wrist issues. And am looking at the F2 bars, I picked up on an old thread they're hard to come by. is this still the case or does anyone know where I can get some.
Cheers
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Richard taylor wrote:I'm having wrist issues. And am looking at the F2 bars, I picked up on an old thread they're hard to come by. is this still the case or does anyone know where I can get some.
Cheers
as rare as unicorn poo........... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VFR 750/800 bars or SV650 suzuki bars. problem solved.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Richard taylor wrote:I'm having wrist issues. And am looking at the F2 bars, I picked up on an old thread they're hard to come by. is this still the case or does anyone know where I can get some.
Cheers
I'm having wrist issues too but not sure it's the bars :wink: :lol: ! Q Kev L!!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ahhhh bless yer little cotton socks! It must have something to do with folding your enormous frame behind the fairing!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Ahhhh bless yer little cotton socks! It must have something to do with folding your enormous frame behind the fairing!!!!! :lol:
Poor response for you Kev! ! Thought it would have been smuttier! !
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
dick taylor

Post by dick taylor »

are there any mods required with the VFR bars. Don't mind doing the brake lines etc, just wondering whether they'd go in with any additional brackets or mods to the fairing.

Thanks
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i had to trim a little of the lower edge of the fairing.the little wing type bits that hang down. only a few mil.

give me a few days and i will let you know how SV650 bars fit because im about to fit a set.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
dick taylor

Post by dick taylor »

Thanks for your help. Look forward to seeing how the Sv bars fit. Found out That david Silver can get the F2 bars, so might be a simpler job but would welcome the feed back on the F2 bars

Thanks
dick taylor

Post by dick taylor »

should have read SV bars

cheers
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

if you get a chance, try a storm with flat bars... you need to get a few miles ride to get used to the riding position and extra leverage, but once you are calibrated its a revelation :D
AMcQ