Isle of Man 2018/19

General Biker Banter
tattie

Isle of Man 2018/19

Post by tattie »

Hi All,
Nothing on this afternoon so I decided to seriously look in to going to the 2018 or 2019 TT.

It seems to be a forgone conclusion that 2018 is a no no, as trying to find accommodation and ferry crossings at sensible times for race week are like looking for half a needle in a haystack and I don't want to fall in to the trap of booking accommodation and then not been able to get over there!!!!

I have made an enquiry for 2019 for an apartment near Douglas and will have to be sitting at the phone when the Steam Packet tickets go on sale in May 2018 for 2019.

It will also give me an incentive to get my SP project going as at the moment it hasn't moved from my pals garage since I put it there 2 years past May.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cheekykev

Re: Isle of Man 2018/19

Post by cheekykev »

Hi tatties, I have a contact for accommodation right on the circuit just a stone's throw away from the paddok.
If you want to go next year or 19 I'm sure I could sort you out, you'll still be able to get on the ferry for 18 certainly as a foot passenger, or bike and passenger, might be a different story if you want take a car or van, if you want more info give me ring.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
tattie

Post by tattie »

Hi Kev,
Thanks for the reply, I would be hoping to take the SP over and I suppose realistically 2019 is the better idea, as it will probably take me that long to get the bike fettled.
If my enquiry for the apartment comes to nothing I would be delighted if you had a contact for accommodation.
I was hoping a few mates would come along but the usual apathy rules as in "its a long way to go" I should have gone years ago but life and work get in the way.
I will be 53 in a few weeks and life is creeping by so I better make the effort.
Are you planning over in 2018 or 2019?

I will try to give you a call during the week after work.

Cheers
Allan
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

We're already booked on the ferry and booked into the digs for 2018 :D :D :D
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
tattie

Post by tattie »

Good on Ya.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv never managed to get to the TT :sad2 . something i really have to put right..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tattie

Post by tattie »

Fabiostar,
And the ferry right on your doorstep too!
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I went this year for the first time got a special offer in April 5nights during practice week cost £150 for me and my cousin on the back plus £10pn for camping. I've booked my ferry for next year going for 2 weeks this time and counting down the days already if you've never been I'd highly recommend doing your best to get over. I just wanted to experience it once but pretty sure I will be going back most years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tattie wrote:Fabiostar,
And the ferry right on your doorstep too!
i know. everytime i try to go i either crash.get lurgy.or something goes bloody wrong :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: