Advice on front fairing wanted

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bingo808

Advice on front fairing wanted

Post by bingo808 »

Hi
Now tackling the front fairing. I can slip it onto the bike, and do up the 2 socket head screws on each side, but now the rear vision mirrors don't line up!!!

I bought a new visor off ebay as the old one was cracked and dull. It seems to line up ok with the holes on the fairing. But the holes in the front frame and holes in fairing are way out! I've tried twisting and turning but can't seem to get the holes to line up.

Is there a trick to this? It seems like the bottom of the fairing (under the headlight) hits the horn and won't let anything move further. I'm scared I'll bust something!
Someone put it together, so I should be able to pull it apart.
bingo808

Re: Advice on front fairing wanted

Post by bingo808 »

All good. I took a rest then had another crack at it. All together now.
Someone put it together, so I should be able to pull it apart.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well done :thumbup:

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

just reading through old posts etc and it seems to me the best piece of advice i have found on here is if it is not going well ,,,,,,take five have a cuppa or something then go back to job.
one thing i would add from when i used to work on bikes ,get some post its and when you go to walk away scribble down what has been done if you are undertaking more than one job so you can remember whats what. :)
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Yep, cupper always works and maybe backing everything off and having another look. :thumbup:
I also take lots of pictures mobile phones are so handy.
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

northmanuk wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am just reading through old posts etc and it seems to me the best piece of advice i have found on here is if it is not going well ,,,,,,take five have a cuppa or something then go back to job.
one thing i would add from when i used to work on bikes ,get some post its and when you go to walk away scribble down what has been done if you are undertaking more than one job so you can remember whats what. :)
You forgot the bit about swearing & genrally cussing oneself before flinging something across the workshop*...I find the phrase ''FFS you stupid C**T !!!'' works best for me... Then walk away for some caffeine/nicotine/alcohol...

* best not to throw the offending part across workshop as may cause damage & therefore more agg getting it to fit. A bit of rag is ideal as generally it wont damage anything it hits but its not very satisfying TBH...

Hope that helps...

FranksWorksopTips.com
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

how about kicking the stuffed fur cat (no animals hurt in my production) you keep in workshop that helps :lol:
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D