Can I use Dynojet needles with standard main jets?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Harveyz

Re: Can I use Dynojet needles with standard main jets?

Post by Harveyz »

All is well - made the final change. - new inlets stubs - bit of back and forth with wemoto (who are great as usual) as they only stock the restrictor plate version which is down the replacement on the 1999 bike. - here's the interesting bit the front inlet had no metal ring (rear was completely standard) - no signs of it being removed - I've attached a pic - could be an after market item.

massive thanks for all the advice on the thread - not 100% on what change made the big difference - at least now I have a good base set up and a rideable bike

For anyone struggling here'a summary of my changes - only issue which I think is just a Firestorm feature - on my test route there a 100mph + straight - heavy braking to 90 degree corner - if the rev drop below 3500 it stutters coming out of the bend - other than that it works well on every other part of my route pulling from 2000rpm cleanly and idling nicely when stopped

Replace open cans with Delkovic 350mm
Dynojet kit removed - slides back to two holes
Jetted down from 190/190 to 175/178
Retained 50 pilot jets
Retained Denotejet needle 4th notch
New float needles
Fuel screw FR 2 1/4 and R 2 1/2 turns
TPS set to 500K
Fuel tap refurb kit
New Tank Cap
New Inlet stubs (non restricted 110KW)
RC45 throttle tube
Attachments
tempImagePWGKxM.gif
Harveyz

Post by Harveyz »

sorry - Pilot Jets are 48
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You can easily pull the aluminium restrictor ring out using pliers.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear all is well, and that you have fixed the problem :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Harveyz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:48 am All is well - made the final change. - new inlets stubs - bit of back and forth with wemoto (who are great as usual) as they only stock the restrictor plate version which is down the replacement on the 1999 bike. - here's the interesting bit the front inlet had no metal ring (rear was completely standard) - no signs of it being removed - I've attached a pic - could be an after market item.

massive thanks for all the advice on the thread - not 100% on what change made the big difference - at least now I have a good base set up and a rideable bike

For anyone struggling here'a summary of my changes - only issue which I think is just a Firestorm feature - on my test route there a 100mph + straight - heavy braking to 90 degree corner - if the rev drop below 3500 it stutters coming out of the bend - other than that it works well on every other part of my route pulling from 2000rpm cleanly and idling nicely when stopped

Replace open cans with Delkovic 350mm
Dynojet kit removed - slides back to two holes
Jetted down from 190/190 to 175/178
Retained 50 pilot jets
Retained Denotejet needle 4th notch
New float needles
Fuel screw FR 2 1/4 and R 2 1/2 turns
TPS set to 500K
Fuel tap refurb kit
New Tank Cap
New Inlet stubs (non restricted 110KW)
RC45 throttle tube
that stutter you have, i assume you mean after a high speed run down to low speed say on the brakes? you open it up then you get the stutter?
if thats the case pull the two pipes (overflows) outa the carb cradle ,shorten them a little and point then vertically down between the cradle and carbs that stops the stutter.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Harveyz

Post by Harveyz »

That sounds like the problem - the pipes are outside the carb cradle and have been shortened by previous owner - but they were angled at 45 degrees - moved to pointing vertically down -will give it another run to see if it works