Indicator relay

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dazza2910

Indicator relay

Post by Dazza2910 »

So now that I've got the bike running again, the only slight issue is the indicators. I only got one standard one with the bike so just got some aftermarket non-LED ones.

Got a video that shows that they do work but I get a couple of clicks of the relay first. Occasionally it doesn't do it, but mostly it does.

Had to upload video to YouTube -

Any ideas?

Daz
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Indicator relay

Post by sirch345 »

The bulb has a bad connection in that indicator, earth (-) or live (+) connection, or bad connection at the wiring end connectors for that indicator, assuming the front indicator on that side is working as normal?

Chris.
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

The indicators seem to be OK. They are brand new. I changed the connectors on the front ones as the bullet connectors were terrible. Rear ones seem to be OK. May change them for the newer waterproof connectors too though.

Bit of a nigly issue but will get there!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

With the indicators working on that side I would remove the lens for that brand new indicator and give the bulb a wiggle just to see if it works intermittently.

Is the front indicator on that side working as normal?

Chris.
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

Both sides do the same as do front and rear. Clicks a couple of times as in the video, then they work as normal.

Not sure if it's quite enough to fail an MOT. Not quite got to that stage yet.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Dazza2910 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:17 pm Both sides do the same as do front and rear. Clicks a couple of times as in the video, then they work as normal.

Not sure if it's quite enough to fail an MOT. Not quite got to that stage yet.
In which case that makes me think it’s more likely the flasher unit. Even so give all earth connections for the indicators a double check over first,

Chris