He's at it again!

General Biker Banter
craigybaby

He's at it again!

Post by craigybaby »

Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom has gone a step further by posting a video of speeding bikes onto his blog

This has been published by the BBC and I've posted a hyperlink to it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/6066426.stm

Given that the helicopter costs in excess of £400 p/h without the costs of crewing it, is it really a proportionate response to two people speeding on bikes?

Were the three cars that were allegedly "undertaken" also prosecuted under s.3 of the Road Traffic Act for careless and inconsiderate driving. IT can be seen that those cars are clearly in lane 2 of a dual carriageway and are not overtaking. They are travelling at a constant speed and are equidistant from each other. They are blocking a lane when there is no need. This would not allow the motorcyclists to overtake legally. There is a load of past-decided cases in relation to this issue.

I feel that Mr Brunstrom's attack on bikers is somewhat of a personal one and that when bikers defend themselves it borders on hysteria. These comments are qualitative and subjective and have absolutely no evidence - something the police tend to need.

Your thoughts?
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

maybe he should have his rank changed to standartenfuhrer!..anyone remember when he and his driver were done for speeding because he was late for a meeting?.. the man is a sociopath.. and im glad i dont live in his area of "Authority....what a tw@... :roll:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Max

Post by Max »

A 12mth and 15 mth ban does seem a trifle excessive for what they did.
Brunstrom is a bit of a Richard, but remember he's a politician not a real policeman.
He doesnt really give a f*ck about policing properly only raising his profile for his future ventures into politics.
Max

pmcq

Post by pmcq »

The video is here lads: http://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp/pu ... 191006.m1v

Watching the video there are moving swiftly along but nothing too serious as far as motorway driving go. The only thing was at one point they overtake usig the hard shoulder which I reckon is a big no no. I think a lot of the 'overtaking on the left' moves are due to idiots who sit in the rightmost lane. IIt is really bad here in Ireland - muppets who dont know how to drive on motorways!!

He sounds like a right gimp to me. This kind of sensationalist writing pisses me off. He starts off with:
"Anyone who ventures onto the roads of the UK will be aware of the quite dreadful driving exhibited by so many motorcyclists"
and ends on:
"Of course we in North Wales police recognise that the majority of motorcyclists are decent law-abiding people, given a bad name by the hooligans"
Seems bit contradictory to me to be honest.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

I dont see owt thats to bad they are just making good progress ..all the undertaking is because the CARS ARE IN THE WRONG LANE :x
The force is strong in this one
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Most of it does seem to be the cars not moving back to the correct lane; what it doesn't show you is the speeds they were doing. When the lane clog up and go down to 50 or something then I feel it quite reasonable to continue to make progress in the inner lane.

If eveyone else is doing 70-80 then you have less of an excuse.

To be honest, for undertaking on the hard shoulder, they must be crazy and I have no sympathy for them there.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!