Motorcycle Services - Derby

Best deals in town
Wildfire

Motorcycle Services - Derby

Post by Wildfire »

Dont know if anone has used these guys....Did me Ok with my old FZR and I popped in today to get some prices.

Approx £40 labour only to replace the CCT's with manual versions once I have bought them.
Around £ 180 for a normal service and they reckoned £ 250 for the 24k one when the valve clearances will need doing.

Does this sound about right ?? - Presumably the cheaper option would be to do the plugs / oil / air filter myself and then the valves job would be up to £100??
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Valve clearances should have been done at 16,000mls and not 24,000mls, obviously if you bought the bike secondhand and wish to just have them checked for piece of mind, just ignore the above :!:

Chris.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

No they were done at 16k....Dont know why I just thought they needed doing at 24 rather than 32k :oops: . The last service at 20k ish is the only one that isn't dealer stamped as the previous owner did it.
If their Ok till 32k then thats even better as I can spend the proceeds from the FZR on some other bits & bobs :lol:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

is that the place in normanton?

speaking of valve clearances, at 30k and no service history, i think my next tool is gonna ave to be a feeler gauge set.

and more servicing related awesomeness, is clutch fluid the same as brake fluid? ive got loads i can use to bleed me brakes and want to do the clutch too
alan

Post by alan »

I use putoline 5.1 fluid for brakes and clutches!!!!!!!!!!
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

KarlosVTR wrote:is that the place in normanton?
No mate the on the Etwall bypass thingy...behind the Total Garage...Perhaps you mean Motorcycle World.?...Got my old FZR from there and they seemed pretty straight but never had any work done.