Speed limiter

General Biker Banter
Badger

Speed limiter

Post by Badger »

Did anyone see the BBC news this morning, the DOT want to fit speed limiters to motorbikes to reduce the death toll on the roads. 8O 8O
chaz

Post by chaz »

same old story, time for another petition I fear.

admittedly, they did say the road transport department have not considered it but also reported that trials are being made with cars speed limiters.
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

There just gonna cause more accidents. Imagine your overtakin and the limiter kicks in.

Oops sorry oncoming car.
To stupid to live to young to die.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

never mind the guidelines on plates and dark visors..soon we'll all be riding slow enough to do it blindfolded....now if they were to raise the nat speed limit by 20mph? :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
alan

Post by alan »

Soon we will be living in the Minority Report world where you cant even shag another mans women without being sent to jail,being spyed on wherever you go, to what clothes we will have to wear..................

oh i forgot where already in that world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Alan

Look, if you want to wear womens clothes in the comfort of your own home that's fine by us!!! :roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
alan

Post by alan »

Yeah but the wife's sick of it i keep stretching her thong's :wink:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

alan wrote:Yeah but the wife's sick of it i keep stretching her thong's :wink:
Yeah, but do you have to do it after eating garlic bread and removing them from her body with your teeth????? 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol:
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

At the risk of sounding like a Party Political broadcast.....

Join MAG - IMHO I think the BMF have a few issues of late and MAG is the fastest growing Riders Rights group in the UK..... In my time riding they have helped to block Leg Protectors amongst other things.

The only way we can beat these idiots in Whitehall is if we stick together and protest about things long & loud.
The reason half the laws get made is that they rely on the apathy of the general public.

http://www.mag-uk.org/index2.html
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

well if the put rev limiters on bikes that will be a sad day our choice and freedom is gona be taken away (is big brother watching) but didnt the eu try to put horse power limits on bike a few years ago ? why dont the dot try and get real it
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

See, and I thought we were speed limited already by those round signs with the numbers in...

Stupid me :roll:

And it's so unlike the government to ever propose a totally misconcieved plan completely out of touch with reality only considering the benefit to their image rather than the effects on the law abiding public.

Isn't it?

Sorry... stupid me again :roll:

We can't votwe them out, the opposition are all just as bad. Equal idiots in different coloured ties. we need a good old fashioned revolution. Grab yer burning torches and let's go...
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

It was a f*king liberty....they spouted all sorts of statistics , did their best in demonising us and to make all bikers generally look like tw*ts.

I think it is wrong for them to be targeting us saying "that speed kills" and that limiters would keep us within the speed limits therefore reducing fatalities.

If they are gonna do that to us then they should also put limiters on cars which lets face it, are heavier and less manouverable....ok cars are "Safer" but only for the people travelling in them and not if they are heading into someone walking across the road or if they lose control etc ... a biker would prob have a greater chance of injuring only themselves and missing a pedestrian but that is the choice we make every time we kick our legs over a seat.

Why cant these F*cking wan*ers just leave us be? :evil:
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

if everyone stuck to the speed limit i would be out of a job :(

b4 you start trying to burn me at the stake i dont have anything to do with any form of gatso or any outher device like it :D

i make l,e,d, speed warning signs you know the ones that light up and say slow down 30 or what ever the message is but dont take a picture well if they want to put speed limiters on a bike how many body bags will it take them to realise that they have screwed up ? iam not for this idea at all i ride a bike because i like to and i know the risks of riding and iam a big boy i dont need yet another twit in the home office/dot telling me how to live my life i pay my road tax i have insurance and mot i dont want any points on my licence or pay gordon brown any more money so i choose not to speed why cant they just try and slow down kids on chicken chasers or try and catch some real criminals and leave us bike riders alone for once

ill get off my soap box now
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

here guys.......sign this petiton against this and send the link to your pals......spread the word and the love :lol:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OutlawEVSC/
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!