FIRESTORM LHS LIGHTS/HORN ETC. SWITCHGEAR

General Bike chat
Jaglifter

FIRESTORM LHS LIGHTS/HORN ETC. SWITCHGEAR

Post by Jaglifter »

I just bought what was listed as LHS switchgear for a Firestorm off Fleebay.
It arrived this morning, but its nothing like what I expected. There's just dip, horn and indicator switches on it. Nothing to actually switch the lights on and no headlight flasher.
Does anyone know if early Storms were different??

Appreciate any advice.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Max

Post by Max »

Some late bikes and those going to the states don't have a light switch as the lights are on permanent like. I don't know if its the same with storms but uk tornadoes have light switches were US bound ones don't.
Max

LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

JL.
What Max has stated is as I think it is too. Someone has imported a bike and changed the switchgear over to have UK spec and flogged you the original???????
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Thanks guys. The guy I bought it from isn't replying to my messages, so I guess I've been had.
Still I've bought another, with a much clearer picture.

I don't actually want it for the VTR. Its for an old Velocette I'm restoring. The switchgear on this bike is really old and I'm not risking the lights going out every time I go over a bump in the road!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Hi JL

If you can't get new/old/remanufactured stock of the Velo switchgear I'd have thought you'd have used a seperate on-off switch for the lighting, no?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

LSM,

Could have, but the Firestorm switch is good quality, neat and has all the functions I need. Most of the "replica" stuff is poor quality anyway. I've retained the original switch just as a battery isolator.

The aim is to build something I can ride. I may even put indicators on it (sacrilege :evil: ). I'll probably be excommunicated from the Velo Owners Club!