long time lay up

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
stormy 1

long time lay up

Post by stormy 1 »

Hi every one ,missed you all :wink: .Oh and merry crimbo :!: .Now down to the nitty gritty,Im off to sunnier places for 4 months(nice company trip :roll: )and my bike will be laid up for that time.Can anyone tell me the best way to prep it for the long separation,anything that I must do :roll: :!: .Thanks again and have a safe new year :!: . :cry:
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Drop it round my house while you are away and you won`t need to lay it up as I`ll make sure that it gets a regular caning...oooops that should have said cleaning :lol:
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

That seems like a good idear but the 600 odd miles between us could be abit of a problem :wink: ,anyways my baby has never seen rain let alone a true brit winter 8O .No its tucked up in my garage and you wouldnt belive the offers like that Ive had off my mates :evil: .Thanks again :lol: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
Jasong70

layup

Post by Jasong70 »

Hey,

Here in canada, this is a ritual that we go through. :(
Here is what I try to do:
-Lift wheels off the ground
-pull the battery, store inside on a trickle charger
-put some gasoline preservative (sta-bil)

That's it. Some blokes drain carbs, fog the engine, but this is only 4 to 6 months, so I don't bother. :twisted: