Wheels

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Boon

Wheels

Post by Boon »

Does anybody know what wheels are compatable to the Vtr's
If any
:D Ta!
Dom
W@zzA

Wheels

Post by W@zzA »

ROUND ONES :lol:

This is the info I've got so far by cross referencing Wheel parts so theoretically the follwing should fit if you use your spindle/spacers and providing the rim width is correct :!: If any one knows different or of any other wheels fit or if you've got access to any of these other models send me a PM with the details (model, year, No of spokes, colour, rim width & dia) and I'll update this post.

Firestorm Wheel sizes are front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.5.
Firestorm front disc fixings are 6 x M6 PCD 74mm, 100mm between disc mounting faces and a 58mm dia boss to locate the centre of the disc carrier.

I recently fitted a VFR five spoke and wish I hadn't! only because I put the Storm wheel on the electronic scales after and it's 700g lighter.

Fronts from CBR600FS/T/V/W 95-98 (6 spoke, front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.0 & J17x5.5) uses the same bearings and discs, Double check the width of rear wheel before you buy!

Fronts and rears from CBR600FX/Y 99-00 (3 spoke, front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.5) uses the same bearings same rear disc but different front discs with the same fixing.

Fronts and rears From CB600 Hornet 98-02 (3 Spoke, unconfirmed widths) Uses the same bearings on the front But you'll need to swap the rear bearings, same rear disc and different fronts but the same fixing (have a sneaky feeling the early ones had 16" front Wheels)

Fronts from VFR750FR/S/T/V 94-97 (6 spoke, uconfirmed width) Uses same bearings and discs.

Fronts from VFR800Fi-W/X/Y 98-01 (6 spoke, uncofirmed width) Uses different discs but with the same fixings.

Fronts from VFR800Fi-2/3 02-03 (6 spoke, unconfimed width) Uses different discs but with the same fixings.

Rears from CBR900RRN-S 92-96 (6 Spoke, unconfirmed width) Uses the same Bearings, disc & sprocket.

Rears from CBR900RRT-X 96-99 (6 spoke, J17xMT5.5) Uses same bearings and disc but a different sprocket with the same fixings.

Most Fireblade fronts were 16" and had bigger disc bolts but I think the 17" ones from 98?-99 fit, so check first if there's no tyre on it :idea: wheel widths and diameters are normally indicated by numbers cast onto them which will read (example) J17xMT5.5

I think the sprocket differences on the later CBR 600 & 900 are thickness and the carriers are the same.

Warren
Last edited by W@zzA on Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Boon

Post by Boon »

Warren
Cheers mate,
That's a fair amount of info to be getting on with'
I,m just looking for a spare set just for track use :D
thanks again
Dom
Ian E

Post by Ian E »

There is a set of VTR wheels on ebay at the moment.

Cheers,

Ian.
W@zzA

Wheels

Post by W@zzA »

I know it Probably looks like I'm being anal but I thought I'd post everything I'd found out so far and add to it for a reference for myself and it there if anyone needs it :wink:

Warren