Top Yoke conversion for F2 model

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Anonymous

Top Yoke conversion for F2 model

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted the Yoke convertors advertised by M&P to convert to Superbike bars ?

Any pictures and advice would be appreciated, also the advert says they fit up to 2001 bikes, mine is a 2002 model but I thought the last major revision was in 2001 anyway, so would they still fit :?:

Cheers

Woody :lol: :D
Granty

Post by Granty »

Probably best to check it out with both the supplier, for their compatability assessment, and a main Honda dealer to see if there is any change in part numbers for top yokes over the production run of the bikes.

One of the changes to our later model VTR's was a revised handlebar position which may well have entailed a subtle change to the top yoke, although I can't see why.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Woody,

I've bought the MFW version from M&P and it has a mounting plate that fits over the top of the existing yoke and has 34 degree bar clamps. when I offered it up to the bike with a view to fitting it it would have ment extending all the cables/hoses/wiring etc. A bit to much faffing around for my liking so I did'nt bother fitting it. There seems to be another make sold by M&P (ABM??) this seems to fit alot better and easier than the MFW type. There is a thread (In bike chat I think) on here which deals with it.

Hope this helps

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
welshy

Post by welshy »

Woody.

I have just advertised my mates top yoke conversion in the sales and wants section. If you decide to go for it he wants to swop it (plus cash) for a standard yoke.

Cheers
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

There's a picture of a superbike bar conversion in the Gallery under "show off " page 2
Chris.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cheers for the advice guys, I think I had best have a measure up in case things have changed on the later versions, might see if I can get a deal on one at the Ally Pally show.

Welshy, thanks for the offer of your mates yoke conversion, but i would rather keep my original so that I can swop back later if I don't get on with it.

Can anyone point me in the general direction of the Gallery pictures, I can't seem to find em!, have tried logging into the members section but only get the pic's of the site members.

Have a good weekend

Cheers

Woody :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Don't worry about the gallery pics, I just found em :!: :oops:
welshy

Post by welshy »

Woody.

Just spoke to my mate and he don't need the standard one as he has one already so no need to swop. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(