Best Mods For the VTR F1?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
markg

Post by markg »

Jacey Boy wrote:How now had a chance to ride the bike with the new cog, all I can say is wow, she pulls like a demented train, ye ha 8) :lol:
now theres one mod I think I better do....right after i've replaced the mirror and l/h fairing panel :? :D
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

A definate, well easy to do as well, well with a bike ramp :roll:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
Neophyte

The other way

Post by Neophyte »

Well, I actually want to go the other way with my gearing. That is to put a 39 on the back. I know I'll loose some pulling power but I'm not into racing or wheelies but lotsa highway riding. (48km one way to work).

Here in S.A. lately a new event called the Iron Butt 1000 is being held every few months. The 1000 stands for 1000 miles and the whole distance gets done as one trip! Last November's event apparently had 120 competitors and the first two guys did it in 10h22m with an average of 157km/h! That's real low flying. There's another towards end March but I doubt if I'll be able to go due to funds. I first want to change the sprocket, have the bike serviced and dynoed. Also remember that it's a lot of fuel that'll be used. I might even go as far as putting a 17 tooth in front to lower the rpm even more. That should give me much better fuel consumption on a trip like this when you cruise at very high speed for hours on end.
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

Where abouts in SA are you :roll:

My parents have a place in Cape Town (Kalk Bay) and are over there now 8O
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
Neophyte

Post by Neophyte »

Hi Jacey,

I'm actually in Roodepoort. It's about 25km west of Johannesburg.