oil

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
desborough

oil

Post by desborough »

hiya new to it all but which oil fully or semi synthetic ? been running fully for last two changes , but the engine seems to be noisier ,but it revs better ! doin ccts cos i got paranoid reading about them , cheers
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

I've read on here somewhere not to use fully synthetic as it can make the clutch slip.
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

i use motul fully in mine, had no problems at all & one of mine has done 70,200 mls :D
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

This has been asked answered before somewhere but haven't most?

Anyways, Motul Fully Synth - no clutch slip 25K

Only real advantage of semi is that you can bang anything in if you run low and can't get fully. IMO.

HTH

desborough

Post by desborough »

cheers did not get clutch slip just a noisier engine , must get some louder pipes and better ear plugs :twisted: going to go back to semi putoline just to give it a try, wife swears by it in her raptor thou ,then again she allways swears , mostly when i want more bits for the storm , has that fella still got cct springs for sale or is just as well to go to dave silverfor complete units ,
solorider

Post by solorider »

RedStormV wrote:This has been asked answered before somewhere but haven't most?

Anyways, Motul Fully Synth - no clutch slip 25K

Only real advantage of semi is that you can bang anything in if you run low and can't get fully. IMO.

HTH

that used to be the problem a few years ago,nowadays you can normaly mix semi,fully and mineral with no problems but if using an inferior oil it is recommended you change the oil to give the longer service intervals.
Bonart

Post by Bonart »

I've used Castrol GPS 10W - 30 semi for the last 10,000 miles on mine with 2 changes with no problems. Get it from Halfwits (Halfords) at about £25 for 4 litres. Same as the stuff the Honda dealer will sell you but a bit cheaper.