Hi all, new to the forum and storms

General Biker Banter
bvghead

Hi all, new to the forum and storms

Post by bvghead »

Hi all, picked up my first firestorm this weekend. A 2001 yellow one (wasn't sure at first but the colours grown on me).

Only had a blat down some local roads but first impressions are WOW. My last bike was a CCM R30, a gutless bike really esp. now.

My storm is totally standard apart from larger screen. It needs new cans for sure (for sound, not too fussed about performance), are there any decent road legals out there with the right note?

Cheers,
bvg
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Welcome mate,
Regarding your cans,If your on a budget for now,do what i did,and a few other folk, with the standard cans.
Looking at the bike from the very rear, drill 10mm holes round about the very ends of the baffles,between baffles and outer can, a lot louder,mines passed mot last week ,nothing was mentioned.Or baffle can be cut with holesaw and knocked out completely.
Loads of info on here,also on "superhawk" site.
bvghead

Post by bvghead »

Cheers for the info.

I think I'll try to get some off ebay.... I've just had a turn of heart. I actually think I'll keep it stock for a month or two, so I really know the difference.

8)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Bvg :!: :D

Chris.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

bvghead wrote:Cheers for the info.

I think I'll try to get some off ebay.... I've just had a turn of heart. I actually think I'll keep it stock for a month or two, so I really know the difference.

8)
well come dude...

and yup thats a good idea..
its what i did in the end.. im a new storm owner as well, 3months now..
just keep watching ebay, and keep ya fingers crossed..
there are a few on there at the moment they might be worth putting on your watch list..
fishface

Post by fishface »

welcome :wink:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Welcome to the best forum there is. Except for the old magazine, which I know nothing about :oops:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hiya matey, welcome to the forum.

You might get to thinking that there's a few (read LOT) of strange people on here.

You can thank whichever governments (Tory I think) idea it was for 'care in the community' otherwise most of us would have rubber wall paper!

I'm one of the only sane ones on here :roll:

Re your pipes, if you haven't already read it, follow this link : PIPES

Graeme

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Timbo wrote:I am fairly normal, though every time i ride under a pylon i piss my pants and forget my own name for 10 minutes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: L :lol: M :lol: F :lol: A :lol: O :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: P :lol: M :lol: S :lol: L :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:Hi mate, welcome to the forum and dont listen to Graeme (RedStormV), he is as mad as a box of frogs :lol:

I am fairly normal, though every time i ride under a pylon i piss my pants and forget my own name for 10 minutes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Beeeauutifull

Welcome mate, not a bad idea to keep it standard for a while cos once you have swapped cans you will never want to go back :twisted:

Unlike the rest on this forum I am sane and dont eat spiders or check my coat for man dirt :?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'