How to repack a Micron

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Cheers Al, i've done about 12k since fitting those cans......so it was about time i did it.....

(was very little wadding left when i did it.....oops)

only re-packed them about 1000 miles ago........

Anyone interested in a set of Microns complete with link pipes????? need a good polish, (i'll sort it before despatching,) but otherwise, no scratches or dents.

I'm up for a new set (eh Del)..........
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

bike ok, is it :wink:
Druid

Post by Druid »

simon t wrote:I had a similar problem of a bent pin/blind hole (sounds pervy) on a hang glider component believe it or not. Solved by drilling a tiny hole through the back and inserting a small pin (getting pervier) to drive out the bigger one. Is this a possibility on your caliper? Apologies if you're vastly more mechanically competent than me and have already ruled this out.
Si
This works well, but you need to remove the caliper from the bike first. Use a 1.5mm drill and a 1.5mm punch, about 15-20mm long. Drill through the caliper till you reach the pin, only 3-4mm deep. Use some heat on the caliper as well, then drive the pins out, don't forget to remove the locating clips first.

Use plenty of copaslip on the pins when you reassemble, and strip and clean them regularly, especially if you use the bike through the winter.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Cheers! 8)
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

delmeekc wrote:bike ok, is it :wink:

Ok...........Bloody marvelous !!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

firestorm_al wrote:
essexbloke wrote:I bought just the packing material from M&P for somewhere between £5.00-£7.00 per can.....
Ooops .... i just noticed your post there. Thought I'd better let you know that those microns cave only done about 3-4k miles since I last re-packed them!

Alan.
When do you have to start re-packing them :roll:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i was told approx every 6k miles.....(dunno if that's right, but that's what i do......)
W@zzA

packing

Post by W@zzA »

I repacked My Johnsons after 25K all the old packing looked fine and it didn't make ablind bit of difference :!:

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

must admit, as above, it was about 12-12k before i repacked, but there were big gaping holes in the wadding, where it had been blown away.........

oops........ :oops: