Unbelievable Offer

Best deals in town
Beamish

Unbelievable Offer

Post by Beamish »

I am organising a bike ride round lincs for Air ambulance charity and approached Grantham Honda for sponsorship, they have offered me 13 demonstrator bikes for the trip! Ranging from the new blade to the Goldwing! Due to my job and politics (Forces do not allow sponsorship and create a thousand hoops to jump through) so I am not sure we can take them up on their great offer but what a brilliant offer 8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

surely there is some loop hole you can use here..
you say due to the forces you cant accept this offer but cant some one else who could be working with you or above you in this charity run take responsiblity on this..

as you said its an amazing offer, seems a shame to pass by... i can see a huge fight for the gold wing.. and maybe who ever ends up with that should be made to ride it in a full on gimp suit with ball gag and all. :D
Druting

Post by Druting »

You so need to try and get this going. Like has already been said, can't you get somebody to accept the offer on your behalf?

You couldn't find a better cause either, i recently visited the Kent Air Ambulance and the work they do is brilliant.
Drac

Post by Drac »

I'm nearly sure i saw a documentary about UK forces not long ago doing something and at the credits was a "thankyou" to various company's..presumably for equipement...could be wrong but it rang a bell with this thread.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

yeah its not actual sponsor ship, you are doing a charity event. with no personal gain apart from satisfaction and fun.
and all some company is doing is aiding this event.. and helping you raise more money.

i fully understand the sponorship for self financial gain been an issue but surely this cannot be the same..
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

It all depends on the type of publicity Honda require and whether or not it falls within MOD guidelines. There are loads of rules regarding what can be photographed and what banners and logos can and cant be used, its a minefield that could cause big problems. Trust me, if I can make it happen I will but not to the detriment of the event. If the weather is shi* baggsy the Pan Euro.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW :!: :!: that is a very generous offer :!:

Chris.
okcoky

Post by okcoky »

count me in i only live 13 miles away from grantham
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Right..... the bottom line is £2500 excess for the borrowed bikes, some guys are still taking them up on their offer but I personally am not, Okcoky if you are serious about joining the ride PM me for details.
clack

Post by clack »

is that per bike or for all 13?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

clack wrote:is that per bike or for all 13?
That was per bike 8O No one had any incidents anyway so no problemo.