'Tiny' a dear friend RIP

General Biker Banter
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Not knowing the exact circumstances it’s hard to comment but trying to take an impartial stance as possible it seem to me at the very least if his inexperience had coursed the accident a return to being a learner driver and him having to take the extended test and extra tuition would have been a absolute minimum sentence
Not only for what he had done but also for the good of others around him :(

The sentence he got just dose not cover the misery and distress he has caused and sends the wrong message to others about the seriousness of his actions :x
When I was learning to drive I was always told that driving was a privilege and not a right
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

RIP Tiny XXXXX
Lawless247

Post by Lawless247 »

Sad news. RIP
I hate Indian Givers! No..wait I take that back.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Timbo wrote:That wombles infuriates me!! He only passed his test a month earlier!! SO WHAT!!! That does not excuse what happened!!
Couldn't agree more....Surely Causing Death by Careless Driving should have been the charge which would have at least meant a heftier sentence.
A neighbour of ours got killed a couple of years ago in a car accident as a rear passenger..He wasn't wearing a seatbelt but the driver still got some months inside as it was his driving at the end of the day that caused the accident.
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

Tiny actually lived a few doors down from me when i bought my first house at lidget green many years ago 8O I knew he had passed away as my wife grew up around that area. Didnt know you knew him Graeme mate sad lose to the biking community, larger then life character. Cant believe the sentence, jesus our judicial system is a f##kin joke £210 in fines and 8 points a ban and re-test at bloody least is that too much to ask just makes you wonder is everybody anti-biker or do we just live in a country in decline !!!!
Another sad day.........R.I.P.TINY.........
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

A guys life is now valued at 210ukp + some points that don't even stop the perpetrator driving?

:evil:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

:evil:

Well I took the day off work a few weeks ago to go to Tiny's inquest....

A) support his sister and family
B) hear what happened
C) see the little sh1t that caused yet another massive hole in mine, my wifes and literally hundreds of other lives by taking our very good friend out! even if 'indirectly'

I was a little late arriving even though I'd set off in plenty of time (long story). Anyway's I needn't have worried cos although he'd been summonsed to appear before the inquest, the toe rag didn't have the decency or respect to turn up!
After delaying the start of the inquest for 1/2 an hour while they rung him (phone swicthed off), judge issued warrant and sent Police out to his home and employer to bring him in. Ajourned till 12:30! So we mooched about in Harrogate for 1 1/2 hours!
He arrived under his own steam (bus) in afternoon!

Judge could've imprisoned just for that, or fined up to a few thousand pounds!
Asked for explanation, kid mumbles "didn't know, didn't receive summons" - Yeah right!

Judge let him off!!!

Turns out he'd actually been in a left hand side turning chatting to his mate before he was going to pull across road to drop him off!

When examined his Clio seats were 'reclined' a long way back! Judge commented on it as he'd tried reconstructing using his own wife's Clio and was approx same height as the kid! Said it was very uncomfortable nigh on impossible to drive with seats like that!

Kid said he drove car upright, but reclined seat as he found it uncomfortable and restricting if it was upright!

Accident investigators weren't sent to scene till almost 2 weeks after accident as Tiny hadn't died initially.
Seats reclined and limited view of the RHS due to it mentioned.
My mate reckoned he saw front of car drop back and shortly after pull out, ie maneovering as couldn't get round in one.
Accident investgator confirmed impossible to get round in one with that car etc.
Kid reckoned he could and did!

All measurements taken from witness statements etc gave him 90M 'clear' view of oncoming bikes from RHS - can't remember how many seconds in plain view at 30MPH max but quite a few! Independant witness confirmed relatively low speed - Mate who was with him and Tiny's statement at time confirmed as road was damp and had lots of wet leaves about.

Still he pulled out!
He saw the car coming from the left (independant witness) but not the 3 'staggered formation' bikes with headlights blazing!!!! (all new bikes minimum dipped beam).

Everytime the no doubt 'spoilt little rich kid' opened his mouth he mumbled and shrugged - typical 'don't care, don't give a toss' teenage attitude!

I was going to take leave to go to the court case, glad I didn't I'd deffo have been locked up or fined for contempt of court after that shambolic sentence!

Tiny's sister had said that she didn't want him to go down for it and was going to tell the judge (in inquest so but didn't as I'd advised he no apportioning of blame, sentencing etc). Whether she did yesterday at court or not I don't know - but I think that sentence is an absolute disgrace!

Going to speak to Pat or pop in tomorrow so I'll see what she has o say about it, I can't imagine she'll be happy with it.

Bloody big rant over - I think :twisted:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

RIP Tiny, if the kid had been genuinely sorry I could have understood a light sentance but a toerag that doesn't care deserves the full fury of the law :evil:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Got a call from a mate of mine t'other day as he was so hacked off at the pitifull punishment received by the kid.

He'd rung and complained to the reporter, who offered to do a tribute piece. That's where I ended up yesterday tea time as matey was a bit nervous of going it alone - LOL

Well it's not made the paper edition (not that I've seen yet) but it's on the local rags' webpage!

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... le_giant_/

Feel free to add comments, as one of His co-workers from the hospital has.

Cheers,

Graeme.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

The tribute read well m8 hope it helps to put a bit of closure on the situation for you as well

Its obvious that his loss has affected you badly hopefully time will help with the loss

After the anger has subsided a little you can concentrate on the good memories you have of a good friend

Remember there never gone whilst you and all those whose lives were touched remember them.
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC