what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Picked up one of the Aldi front paddock stands and then fitted New front wheel bearings, will wait till I need to fit a new rear tyre and do the rear brgs then.
AMcQ
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Fitted the rentec luggage rack brackets .
Just need to buy a luggage rack now :)

And repaired a broken lug on the tail light mount
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Getting near to completion now. Over the winter I have fitted a braced swingarm, Penske 8983 shock (sprung for my svelte figure) and greased all bearings. Fitted McGill racing bearings to the gearshift and fitted a Harris rearset toe piece. Had the wheels painted to match the bronze finish on the engine cases and new Dunlop tyres. Stick coils fitted along with the permanent carb vacume take off's, for easier carb adjustment and finally fitted a Fireblade 954 USD front end, with K-Tech springs. All stirred delicately and sprinkled with liberal amounts of Carbon fibre and Titanium. Yum.
Just need to sort some clip ons now to finish the wee bastid.

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looking good there Kev, I want that front end and the mudgaurd.

how did you get it out of the garage without clipons?
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

good work kev it looks great :clap: :clap: :clap: shame about the colour :sick: :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Al, the boys TS50x lives in the garage, my old girl lives under a cover O/S so it's been done on clear days. I have fitted the standard 954 bars, as used by Seb on his conversion, but the throttle cables collide with the right fairing panel and the clutch lever assembly catches the instruments on right lock. The bars need to be about 25mm higher and at a less acute angle to avoid this. On this subject what is the panels view on getting an extension piece welded onto the bars to raise them? Do we think this would be a safe option? I have discussed it with a few peeps (welders) who say the welds would be stronger than the original, but I 'm still not 100%. On another option, does anyone know how firms like Woodcraft etc measure the rise on their clip-ons? Is it from the top of the clamp to the centre of the bar?
Oh and Lloydie - :Finger2: :Richard: :Finger2:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Kev L wrote:Getting near to completion now. Over the winter I have fitted a braced swingarm, Penske 8983 shock (sprung for my svelte figure) and greased all bearings. Fitted McGill racing bearings to the gearshift and fitted a Harris rearset toe piece. Had the wheels painted to match the bronze finish on the engine cases and new Dunlop tyres. Stick coils fitted along with the permanent carb vacume take off's, for easier carb adjustment and finally fitted a Fireblade 954 USD front end, with K-Tech springs. All stirred delicately and sprinkled with liberal amounts of Carbon fibre and Titanium. Yum.
Just need to sort some clip ons now to finish the wee bastid.

Looks great have, you changed the head light or made or bought a cover i want one :wtf: :eh: :beer:

Do the blade forks fit straight on like for like i know some one breaking one :clap: :clap:
Loud pipes save lives!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

VTRKidda, I bought a headlamp cover and masked off the shape I wanted, then had it sprayed up at the same time as the bellypan, which is waiting to go on.
The 954 forks go straight on, using the yokes from the 954 with the bearings etc from the VTR. The springs etc could do with sorting for your weight but it's not necessary. I rebuilt mine completely with new stanchions, seals, bushes and springs, just belt and braces really. The only area giving me some thoughts is the clip ons. If you have the earlier non HISS storm I think you have to shim the ignition switch as well, but as mine is the later 19l with HISS the ignition just bolts straight up to the top yoke. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

how do you stop with just a rear brake.... :eek2
looking good kev :thumbup:
almost there fella
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers fella. The front brakes are ready to be fitted once the bars are in place.
How's your bike coming along? Any movement. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

don't ask mate, my mechanics just got out of hospital yesterday, he was in for 10 days acute pancreitous.....
i'm going to see the sprayer this week and ask him if he wants me to take the bodywork somewhere else because he's got loads of other work to do.
a friend getting me a number of his friend who can do carbon wrapping, i'm toying with getting it done in blue carbon, just for now, if i can get a pair of main fairings(might get them this week depending on price) it will mean i'll have a complete 2nd set of fairings, so i could get them painted at my leisure.
i gotta laugh kev, i got hold of some cheap carbon wrap today, i had a go tonight, omg its diffcult, cocked it up twice :lol:
i'll have another go tomorrow. and the real c/f skinning kit is on order, please god let that be easier :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Auto Sol

Post by Auto Sol »

Day off to-day decided to give the bike a wee polish this afternoon .
Never trust Atoms they make up everything
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Marty, the guy that did mine is very good. He matched the colours really well and he lives in Hertford and works in Bishops Stortford. I can get a price for you if you want.
Let me know mate.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that would be good kev, i've already bought the paint, but i'm sure i could sell it if the painter didn't want to use it.
heres a list of the plastics, they have all been prepped to a very good standard except the tank.

rear fairing
single seat cowl
undertray
main fairing (pair)
inner fairing cowls (pair)
headlight surround
hugger
tank
10 pieces in total, the same colour as yours of course....
i can run the plastics up to him no problems, ask him if he would use the paint i've got?
cheers kev :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just left him a message matey. I will let you know when he gets back to me. :thumbup: