some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

Post by lloydie »

geodude wrote:I'm just glad it wasn't the Tuono ;)
He just bins that on the track lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:
there's no helping the lad.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:
lloydie wrote:
there's no helping the lad.... :lol:
No , I've tried [CRYING FACE]
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

No need to argue over this guys. CK already responded saying he had sorted it. I'm sure they will come to arrangement that works for them both. Just leave them to it.

Was his bike insured fully comp?
You are just insured 3rd party to ride other bikes?

I can't see why his insurance won't pay out for his bike if that's the case. It doesn't matter what he was doing at the time, riding your bike uninsured or not.

I have a mate that works as a senior solicitor for a claims company, if you let me know the specifics, I will pass it on to him and ask him what the law says and if they're trying to get away with not paying when they should.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thanks for the offer ziggy. As far as I understand he has a classic multi bike policy which will allow him to have none classic bikes on his policy but there's something saying he isn't insured to ride other bikes less than 20yrs old? I may be missing a few details. Does seem odd but insurance companies are also on the look out for a way not to pay

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:Thanks for the offer ziggy. As far as I understand he has a classic multi bike policy which will allow him to have none classic bikes on his policy but there's something saying he isn't insured to ride other bikes less than 20yrs old? I may be missing a few details. Does seem odd but insurance companies are also on the look out for a way not to pay

iirc it boils down to the fact that mark wasn't riding his bike at the time of the accident, therefore they won't pay out on the damage to his bike.
seems wrong tho, but if they did allow it, I suppose it would effect marks ncb..... :confused
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Never said anyone wasn't a decent guy. Never wrote to make anyone "look bad". Whilst we all may ride VTRs, there is a massive age difference in riders. And along with that, some older heads look at things "differently", and others, don't. Some people will read and interpret stuff differently, and that's one of the downsides of writing in posts over the internet.
Last thing i'm going to say on the topic as far as your comments go. I absolutely agree that something written can be read in an completely different way although I really do not agree that age has a great deal to do with it. Other factors can make an difference as well such as mentality, mood, education to name a few. That said, In my mind this is simply an excuse to dismiss everything I just said in order to justify your comments.
An example is the subject of whether Mark knew or not if he was covered for Chris's bike... The fact that he wasn't (and he knew it) <----- your words.. You state Mark knew he wasn't insured. For a start off, how would you know that and are you really going to tell me that there is more than one way to read that? I'm also curious as to how you think that would look to someone new coming on the site... after all there is no Mark's side of the story from Mark himself. You need to weigh up 2 sides of an argument to come up with what is thought to be truth or right and that was hardly the case here. That's just one example... Don't get me started on the rest, I ain't going over it all again. After looking at my messages on here, my Facebook, my phone... I can assure you that I am not along in my thoughts either.
Miztaziggy wrote:No need to argue over this guys. CK already responded saying he had sorted it. I'm sure they will come to arrangement that works for them both. Just leave them to it.

Was his bike insured fully comp?
You are just insured 3rd party to ride other bikes?

I can't see why his insurance won't pay out for his bike if that's the case. It doesn't matter what he was doing at the time, riding your bike uninsured or not.

I have a mate that works as a senior solicitor for a claims company, if you let me know the specifics, I will pass it on to him and ask him what the law says and if they're trying to get away with not paying when they should.
As far as i'm concerned there is no argument mate, I have an opinion and I have given it. I have said what I want to say so that's enough. Mark is a very good as well as long time friend of mine but that is not why I posted. Mark is as decent of guy as anyone on here and I'm not simply going to read what I consider complete rubbish written about him without having something to say about it.

Ckennedy wrote:Thanks for the offer ziggy. As far as I understand he has a classic multi bike policy which will allow him to have none classic bikes on his policy but there's something saying he isn't insured to ride other bikes less than 20yrs old? I may be missing a few details. Does seem odd but insurance companies are also on the look out for a way not to pay

Chris, you are basically right mate. I did in past have the same policy.. it's a modern classic policy which allows modern bikes to be added as long as they don't outnumber what are considered classic bikes which happen to be bikes 15 yrs old and over. You are insured for other peoples bikes on a third party basis but as you stated they do indeed have to be over 20 years old.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Sorry Chris, this just popped up on my Facebook wall!! I couldn't resist ;)

http://iam.org.uk/media-and-research/me ... th-the-iam
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I have read it too geo :thumbup:

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

On a happy note the stitches are out of my chin now and the nurse said the Dr's in spain did a good job and getting it to heal well but the sewing skills are a bit pants. Yes they were her words :lol:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well it can't make you any uglier lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Jeez Chris, glad you OK. It's not uncommon for a bike to look more of a mess than the rider. As for riding again you will be back on a bike. Track/road one can get hurt and break bones or worse on either. look how many pins and rods the pro's have. The only difference is is that the track does not have the same road furniture or cagers in the way and has medical attention to hand. But you do higher speeds so if you hit another bike at those speeds then the chances are you will come off worse than what you did here. At the end of the say it's the luck of the draw. It don't matter where you ride it's down to luck and you are one lucky bugger to have walked away from this. As for insurance companies :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Theres some lessons to be learned here really, and to be fair even though I know it a lot of people don't.

1. Always read the small print on an insurance as always assume that there are clauses ( that you agree to ) to wriggle out of paying out by the insurance companies, they are a business after all.

2. Never ride a mates bike, not even just down the road, you crash or drop it, even if you pay it leaves a bitter taste, not worth losing a friend over.

3. When I have lent a bike to someone in the past, I have always said " I know we are friends but lets make something clear before you borrow the bike, A ) your policy covers you to ride this bike, yes?. B ) if you rack up speeding or parking tickets, these are YOUR responsibility YES?. C). If you bend it you either buy it OR fix it within a reasonable amount of time YES?. D) If it gets stolen IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, YES?. Other than that enjoy the bike and give it back as clean as you got it, if they argue or try to haggle any of these points wheel the bike back into the garage and say " I really want to help you out but if you cant agree to this then you cant borrow the bike, its my bike at the end of the day and I am doing you a favour, for which you can't agree to some reasonable requests ".

4. Never lend a bike to a mate that would make you feel sick if you saw it brought back as a smashed wreck.

I was in a situation years ago when a mate crashed into the back of me, his insurance record wasn't the best to say the least, so we agreed that he should cover the costs as the accident was 100% his fault, the police asked me if I wanted to press charges and I said no. what we done, was that he signed a letter which was sent to my insurance company which also involved a lengthy conversation with them that basically stated he was at fault and had agreed to settle the damages out of using the insurance company but if he didn't or later refused to would mean my insurance company would step in and claim back the costs on my behalf from his insurance company with proven receipts , the insurance company was happy with this because he had agreed to the accident being his fault and two they knew that it probably wouldn't come to that. I agreed that if he resprayed my entire bikes fairing I would ignore the other bits which I upgraded to better parts anyway.

It might have seemed harsh but friends are people and when reality hits they sometimes try to back out.

5. Never lend a missile to a loony.

I have seen this a few times where people lend bikes to so called mates who crash them and then refuse to help, its a hard lesson on defining some ones character.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

try having a mate knock you off and, well nothing........ :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:try having a mate knock you off and, well nothing........ :lol:
:lol: :clap:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!