what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

what a beauty, shame I couldn't join you to see it mac, having seen the last 3 concords land at heathrow, I can understand the feeling you go through when you she and hear such magnificent machinery, and to think we won't be seeing it again in the near future.
my afternoon was spent spraying the right hand side panel, it's turned out ok so far, except the colour is no where near the same shade of yellow, i'll have to save my pennies and try and find an original one, they're as rare as rocking horse poo.... :(
the paints been flattened, and i'm about to attack it with some G3 compound, sadly I haven't got a whirly machine, so it'll have to be old fashioned left hand elbow grease.... :roll:
orange peel be gone you heathen...... :p
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Been having a play with my mates 330i. baldrocks that thing is quick!

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:what a beauty, shame I couldn't join you to see it mac, having seen the last 3 concords land at heathrow, I can understand the feeling you go through when you she and hear such magnificent machinery, and to think we won't be seeing it again in the near future.
my afternoon was spent spraying the right hand side panel, it's turned out ok so far, except the colour is no where near the same shade of yellow, i'll have to save my pennies and try and find an original one, they're as rare as rocking horse poo.... :(
the paints been flattened, and i'm about to attack it with some G3 compound, sadly I haven't got a whirly machine, so it'll have to be old fashioned left hand elbow grease.... :roll:
Or get a profesional to paint it for you...

I can highly recommend...http://www.sudden-impactuk.com/

Take in your seat cover or mudgaurd so they can match it...& be prepared for the ridiclue when you tell them what & why you have done to it...

Marty you are a stone cold grade A plonker...There is no way on Earth that you will match that paint with rattle cans, spesh not in the back garden... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Reconnected my back indicators correctly after last night someone followed me home all the way into my back garden to kindly inform me that I'd been indicating the opposite way... whoops!

Must have been that way for a couple of weeks when I had it apart before its MOT.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Hung it off the garage roof to find out what is making the suspension squeek?
Got the swing arm disconnected from the shock, it's not the swing arm. Now need to take the exhaust off to get the shock out and get all those bits checked. Think I've started to round of one of the nuts already :( . Not going well.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:what a beauty, shame I couldn't join you to see it mac, having seen the last 3 concords land at heathrow, I can understand the feeling you go through when you she and hear such magnificent machinery, and to think we won't be seeing it again in the near future.

Take in your seat cover or mudgaurd so they can match it...& be prepared for the ridiclue when you tell them what & why you have done to it...

Marty you are a stone cold grade A plonker...There is no way on Earth that you will match that paint with rattle cans, spesh not in the back garden... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
for the sake of a £17 rattle can and some hard work, it was worth a try, I just love your positive can do attitude towards others(oh no wait, that attitude seems to be mainly aimed at me) mac..... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:Went out & rode it around the wilds of Kent...

Parked up & stood around at the side of the road for over two hours...

Just waiting...

Displying over Headcorn, coudn't be arsed to pay to go in to the show, so rode around the back roads till I found a spot to park up...About 1/2 a dozen other cars were already there with the same idea as me...by the time it flew over there must have been at least 50 cars parked up...

It flew right over us a couple of times the last one it went vertical on full power & rolled over at the top of the climb...The bloody noise ! You know it's loud when your chest wall is vibrating...

Sooooper, thobbing, proper bloody heavy metal...well worth the waiting around for.

The best for last...

What a stunning plane and fantastic pics Mac :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

for the sake of a £17 rattle can and some hard work, it was worth a try, I just love your positive can do attitude towards others(oh no wait, that attitude seems to be mainly aimed at me) mac..... :roll:
Worth a left handed try Marty, even just to tidy her up until the end of the season! Good for you :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:

Of course it's aimed at you Marty your the one thats wasted the time & money doing something that you should have left well alone. Simply put you'll never match that colour out of a can...Having said that it's your bike so if you want to c*ck it up go ahead... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
skorpion66

Post by skorpion66 »

Washed and check over, then headed into Elan valley and surrounding areas. nice. :D
I can resist everything........except temptation.
legendlives

Post by legendlives »

Well yesterday I fitted swing-arm bobbins :)
I like my bikes like my women - Loud with two big cylinders :D
horselg

Post by horselg »

Legendlives, can you give some details of your bobbin fitting.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I repaired my luggage rails on the big bird today ready for our trip to Spain in sept :) then I decided to make some noise by firing her up and the mille and they both started first touch of the button :biggrin

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Took my daughter to J&s in Birmingham today.
Got her , boots, jacket, gloves , helmet

In PINK !!!!!!! It was her choice
:eek2 :sick:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

kev64 wrote:Took my daughter to J&s in Birmingham today.
Got her , boots, jacket, gloves , helmet

In PINK !!!!!!! It was her choice
:eek2 :sick:
regardless of the colour, it's good to see that she's into bikes.... :thumbup:
she'll want one of these next.... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!