what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
playerone

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by playerone »

swapped fittings from old mirrors to new ones with indicators in(still to be fitted) minor plastic repair on moriwaki style belly pan and bought fitting kit from skidmarx so that should be fitted shortly :thumbup:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

KarlosVTR wrote:funny that. i feel enraged that yours did that :evil:
Oh, you can add me to your hate list as well then. When I did mine I was wondering what all the fuss was about :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spider13 wrote:im just being very critical to myself
steve :D
i'm like that steve, other people look at my bike and say this is nice, thats nice, but i look at it and think this could be better, that could be cleaner.... :lol:
make sure you take some pics of the bellypan once its laquered and fitted to the bike.... :thumbup:
i've still got to do the other half of my fairing lowers, i just didn't have enough wrap left to do it, and its the trickier of the two halves...... but what i will say is this newer carbon wrap is much better quality, and you can work the bubbles/creases out so easily with it. i might still do my spare seat cover in it.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Jonesey wrote:Fitted Titanium bleed nipple to brembo master, and also tygon clear pipe between master and reservoir.
15 whole minutes work.
I need a new project...
i should bring my bike up to you for your next project..... :lol:
i still gotta fit the painted front and rear calipers plus the radial m/c and titax levers, i'm just trying to figure out what pads to buy front/rear and i'm also toying with new braided hoses front and rear(hel or goodridge).
my titanium front disc bolts should be waiting for me when i get back to blighty aswell..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i'm also toying with new braided hoses front and rear(hel or goodridge).
Im stuck on that decision as well.

Is there much differance between the two?

Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

wow 100 pages 8)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:
i'm also toying with new braided hoses front and rear(hel or goodridge).
Im stuck on that decision as well.

Is there much differance between the two?

Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
No difference IMO but I don't know if Goodridge do coloured ones. HEL do I have black lines with black banjos.

They look nice. :thumbup:

Any braided will help coz the old lines your currently running will swell up when you brake.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm already running goodrigde lines, they're working very well, but unless i can clean them up a bit, i will be changing them, they're as grubby as my mind..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My Goodridge came with transparent shrink wrap type coverings, they certainly give better bite. Can't comment on longevity though as they haven't been on that long.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yeah mine have got a clear plastic coating kev, but it seems the dirt has managed to get underneath it, i'm told you can cut the plastic away to leave a clean braided line, but i don't know if this effects the braking performance or not. i'm assuming not. i thought the plastic was to stop the braleline from getting rusty..... :?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I think the braid is stainless mate but the plastic keeps the crap out of the weave. As far as I am aware it offers no structural support. If you take it off I would imagine you could replace it with shrink wrap to protect them again. I had black plastic over the lines on the FZR which always looked OK.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'll have to have a tinker first before deciding weither or not to buy new lines... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Can you get Carbon Fibre look shrink wrap? :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

no but i've seen carbon effect brake lines from the states..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
spider13

Post by spider13 »

cutting the clear covering off has no effect on the braking efficiancy,as said its just there to keep some of the crap out ive cut mine off and have done to other bikes to with no effects at all and yes they are stainless,and they also come in different colours including pink :lol:
steve