what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
macdee

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by macdee »

not the bike
got the broken bolt that my 16 year old son snapped out of the pump on my Zetor tractor
the black smoke pollutes the atmosphere once more
mohahahahaha
told you not to but oh no you knew better
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

mellis wrote:Do I need to worry about coming to Grainstorm? You lot are flipping mental
be afraid ,very afraid lol :biggrin
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

Kev L wrote:Only drink tea you made yourself!!!
Only joking, Mac is completely harmless really, and he makes a mean bacon sarnie as I recall. :thumbup:
told me he was going to put some gentlemens relish in mine :eek2
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

got my wee divve through its MOT so another years ticket :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote:not the bike
got the broken bolt that my 16 year old son snapped out of the pump on my Zetor tractor
the black smoke pollutes the atmosphere once more
mohahahahaha
Ah no smoke, no poke! So your a tratter man too 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:
Kev L wrote:They work in tandem mate, hypnotise you with the shiney's and confuse you with the multitude of digits on the hands of............. Well I wouldn't want to offend anyone! Who am I kidding, on the inbred of Grain, then they double team you!
If you have been affected by any of the issues mentioned there is a helpline available!
:beer:
The number is 0800 I'VE BEEN VIOLATED I WAS SOLD A TEAL STORM!!
Fixed it for you... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:Rode the spluttering beast over to Tony for some major surgery which included Tony taking a hammer & chisel to the front cam cover to rectify a rounded off cam cover bolt... 8O

Rear cams out & reset I now have a fully working Custard Crumble... :thumbup:

Boxing it all back up, just did the last air box screw...Went to put the front plug cap back on...The throttle cables are hanging down un-conected...

DOH!

Air box back off...throttle conected...Air box back on reached over for the last air box screw, which is sitting next to the intake stacks !

DOH! Air box lid back off...stacks on...Lid on for the final time...

Meanwhile Tony has wheeled Steve Vanstubs bike down so he can ride off & notices no mirrors...at this point I felt better... Mirrors fitted I said to Tony 'cor I just forgot to put the satcks in...' Tony thinks for a moment then walks back up to the garage & gets Steves stacks... :lol: :lol:

Finaly rode off after I rememberd to reconect the front indis ... :oops:

Rides like a different bike now...a proper Storm...

Cheers Tony... :thumbup: Enjoy that beer tonight.

Oh & Kev, Steves wallet was empty...Tony saw to that... :lol:

Yeah, I was getting cold and tired, but nearly got two spare stacks......(He'd have noticed the mirrors!)
I wouldn't mind but one of the stacks was mine anyway; the one he rode in with had been butchered with a hacksaw by some clown trying to cut a slot in the bolt.....
Bugger, I didn't charge him for the bolts, either....

And it was fun refitting the airbox lid, it was fitted with three Honda screws and an assortment of woodscrews...Ah well, it was still sealed, I suppose.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Took one TRX in for valve check/adjustment, fitted some paddock stand bobbins to the other so I can use the same fittings on the stand for both bikes. The more I mess around with the spare one, the more it is becoming the one I want to use. Half the mileage of the current one, and if I raid that one for the wheels/tyres, front fairing, the blue spot calipers and the R6 shock (all easy to do) it might be the better bike. But the frame is tattier, snapped exhaust stud needs replacing, requires an MOT...decisions, decisions........ :confused
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mav617 wrote:Took one TRX in for valve check/adjustment, fitted some paddock stand bobbins to the other so I can use the same fittings on the stand for both bikes. The more I mess around with the spare one, the more it is becoming the one I want to use. Half the mileage of the current one, and if I raid that one for the wheels/tyres, front fairing, the blue spot calipers and the R6 shock (all easy to do) it might be the better bike. But the frame is tattier, snapped exhaust stud needs replacing, requires an MOT...decisions, decisions........ :confused
Buy another one.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

tony.mon wrote:
Mav617 wrote:Took one TRX in for valve check/adjustment, fitted some paddock stand bobbins to the other so I can use the same fittings on the stand for both bikes. The more I mess around with the spare one, the more it is becoming the one I want to use. Half the mileage of the current one, and if I raid that one for the wheels/tyres, front fairing, the blue spot calipers and the R6 shock (all easy to do) it might be the better bike. But the frame is tattier, snapped exhaust stud needs replacing, requires an MOT...decisions, decisions........ :confused
Buy another one.
How many VTRs you got now Tony?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mav617 wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
Buy another one.
About one & a half all in bits tho... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike's" today

Post by MacV2 »

Washed Nue Red & the Custard Crumble...Eased up the stiff throttle on the Custard.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

torqued up lots of bolts, removed battery for charging, put fresh brake fluid in the rear brake and bleed it, loosened off the 4 exhaust nuts, so I could fit the rear header to the main header, then did them back up again. just need to sort out one of the pipes under the tank, put some fresh coolant in it and it'll be ready to fire up.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Mav617 wrote:
tony.mon wrote: Buy another one.
About one & a half all in bits tho... :lol: :lol:
VTR1000SP2 still qualifies, I think?
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

agentpineapple wrote:torqued up lots of bolts, removed battery for charging, put fresh brake fluid in the rear brake and bleed it, loosened off the 4 exhaust nuts, so I could fit the rear header to the main header, then did them back up again. just need to sort out one of the pipes under the tank, put some fresh coolant in it and it'll be ready to fire up.... :thumbup:
Good work fella. Anyone use/recommend brass nuts for the manifolds?