Taking the wheels out

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

FirestormMike wrote:
Kitch wrote:I just replaced my Avon Storm ST's... after 10,000 miles and they were down to the wear bars.

Fitted Michelin Pilot Road 2's and I'm very very impressed with them so far. Estimating 6,000 - 8,000 miles from them.

How come you're changing to the Michelins ?
I've always gone for Bridgestones, but mates got the Storm st's on his gsx14 and he flings it all over the place, I'm thinking of replacing the 021's with these. The Bridgestones are wearing quite quick in the middle now after 4000 miles. Maybe get another 1.5-2k out of them
Bloody hell! I must be ham fisted! As the guys will testify lookslike I will get about 2-2.5K out of my rear 021 8O Still better than 1200miles out of the 014's
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Pilot sports on mine,rear less than 2000 miles and squared off with no visible tread pattern in middle.
Bit pissed off about it,cos still quite a bit of meat on front,so will have to buy another rear,as its not advisable to mix n match ,.....is it :?:
genisis

Post by genisis »

dunno i'm running a metzler on the front and the bt-14 on the back and it's okay
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Use a safe type of stand like this for front and rear wheel removals myself. Those bricks/slabs etc look scary.
That is a genuine issue scissor jack to support the engine by the way/front of bike as you need it.
Pivot point is the swing arm pivot. Both wheels are clear of the ground here by the way.
Just gone the 021 route myself. Had 020 before.

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kitch wrote:I just replaced my Avon Storm ST's... after 10,000 miles and they were down to the wear bars.
Was that 10,000 miles for both front and rear, or just the front Kitch :?:

What was your opinion on the ST's :?:

Chris.
Norton500

Post by Norton500 »

Did my rear 014 in in 3,000 miles miles. Just fitted a Avon Storm ST after Kitch's recommendation (£110 fitted). Am hoping for 5-6,000 miles...

Feels pretty good at the moment.
It's all a big joke until you have somebody's eye out...
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Use a safe type of stand like this for front and rear wheel removals myself. Those bricks/slabs etc look scary.
That is a genuine issue scissor jack to support the engine by the way/front of bike as you need it.
Pivot point is the swing arm pivot. Both wheels are clear of the ground here by the way.
Just gone the 021 route myself. Had 020 before.

I made these thingys to lift my Triumph ,a pin went through where the centre stand had been removed,with a flat plate supporting the sump,it worked a treat :!: Still got the trolley jack lift.