2012 Workshopday Kent. JUNE 16th Confirmed.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

Re: 2012 Workshopday Kent. Provisional Post, date TBA

Post by agentpineapple »

as long as i'm in the country i'll be there mac, if i haven't already done the stick coils, i could do them there, also i wouldn't mind having a go at carb balancing.
as yet i haven't got a return flight booked for spain, i might stay in blighty until the olympics have finished.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I feel like part of the furniture so I will have to be there keep you in line Mac :)
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I'm up for it :thumbup: , can we do shims on the next one, I can strip my bike down and then perhaps tony could show us from the point of fairing off how to do the shims on a Firestorm?. I'll bring my own tools again.

I'm on holiday on the 21st of July and the week before I am on night shift, so those saturdays would be a no go, im pretty sure july/august if going to be holiday time for a lot of people.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Shims are doable, but you'll need to be aware that it takes a fair while.....
I'd need you to be quite hands-on, getting fairing and cam covers off, undoing oil cooler etc- I'll talk you through it but also want to be available for other bikes as well, rather than spending all day doing just the one.

But shims I have plenty of (thanks to Benny :thumbup: )

Ideally we do several bikes at the same time, lined up and each owner working at the same point all the way through.

This also worked well At A McQ's day for CCT's last year.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Right a provisional date has been picked.

This date may or may not be popular with some but it fits in with the availability of Dr.Mons PHD VTR & Bar.

There are some conditions attached however.

Any work that is intended/required to be done on the day is to be done by the person themselves with the able eyes & experience of Dr Mons giving instructions & piss takes. The whole idea of the workshop day is for people to learn how to do things themselves, not have someone do it for you.

Own tools are required. I do have & will lend out my tools if required, torque wrench, drill, grinder, tap & die set, big hammers,that sort of thing at reasonable rates of course, but if you are working on your own bike please bring the tools with you that you require. Within reason of course you don't need to bring the whole tool box.

I do have 1 set front & rear paddock stands & an Abberstand.

The day/date is weather dependant if its hissing down who's going to turn up? Showers I can deal with as I have a garage.

I do not own or intend to buy a barbecue, however there is a co-op in the village a mere 2 min walk form mine so if you would rather buy than bring with, that's up to you. Tea & coffee will be available all day, you bring the biscuits. (Tony is partial to Caramel Hob Nobs apparently.)

There is plenty of room to park on the road & drive way.

So the date.......June 16th 2012

If not enough of you can make that date & it is deemed not worth the effort to hold it, I'm happy to hold one later in the year instead or even next year.

It is possible that the day in question will also be the day of the annual Grain Carnival (I kid you not!) if it is it will not affect us in any way, although I have to admit that it pissed down last year on that day, there is normally a fun fair on the green so if you really want you can all go on the dodgems & get some candy floss.

I will start a fresh thread when & if we get the numbers required to make it worth it.

So roll up, roll up,roll up.

Who's in line for some work to be observed/mentored?

Who's in line for free tea, talkin the talk & the end of day ride out.

Mac.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I will be coming along to bring a little sunshine into your life.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:Shims are doable, but you'll need to be aware that it takes a fair while.....
I'd need you to be quite hands-on, getting fairing and cam covers off, undoing oil cooler etc- I'll talk you through it but also want to be available for other bikes as well, rather than spending all day doing just the one.

But shims I have plenty of (thanks to Benny :thumbup: )

Ideally we do several bikes at the same time, lined up and each owner working at the same point all the way through.

This also worked well At A McQ's day for CCT's last year.
16th of June is good for me.

Im more than happy to do the lions share of the work, if I get stuck i'll ask.

I've never done shims on a bike, on an engine yeah, but its waaaay different from the way its done on a working vehicle.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:I will be coming along to bring a little sunshine into your life.
Good it will be nice to meet you.

Please leave your dancing shoes at home. :wink:
Murv

Post by Murv »

Aaaagghhh, that's the opening day of the fishing season!

If I am out fishing (very likely) is it any help if I bring my new ABBA stand over beforehand for people to use on the day?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i should be there mac, i ain't got anything really to do to the bike, if you want i could meet up with you nearer the date and lend you my front/rear paddock stands.
candy floss you say yummy yummy in my tummy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I shall be there too. I like the idea of doing valve clearances, I could do with doing that on my bike. The only bit I need the most help with is the maths :lol:

Have fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

sounds good for me as well - will consult my big long list of what needs doing, don't want to bite of more than I can and it would be good to pick up tips on things like valves etc from you more experienced and knowledgeable chaps. Just need to confirm domestically but nothing springs to mind
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

So the date.......June 16th 2012

If not enough of you can make that date & it is deemed not worth the effort to hold it, I'm happy to hold one later in the year instead or even next year.

It is possible that the day in question will also be the day of the annual Grain Carnival (I kid you not!) if it is it will not affect us in any way, although I have to admit that it pissed down last year on that day, there is normally a fun fair on the green so if you really want you can all go on the dodgems & get some candy floss.
Digging around trying to find Grain it seems the Carnival last year was in July
Summer Fete and Carnival (Isle of Grain), Saturday 16 July 2011
Isle of Grain’s Summer Fete and Carnival is taking place this Saturday, from 2pm.
Still count me in
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:I shall be there too. I like the idea of doing valve clearances, I could do with doing that on my bike. The only bit I need the most help with is the maths :lol:

Have fun :thumbup:

(:-})
We could do both of ours at the same time I suppose, would be good idea, as sometimes they dont need replacing or not all of them so there be a good chance if theres two.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Murv wrote:Aaaagghhh, that's the opening day of the fishing season!

If I am out fishing (very likely) is it any help if I bring my new ABBA stand over beforehand for people to use on the day?
Merv,

Frankly I'm disgusted & Frank's just frank to be frank.

You can go bloody fishing on Sunday the fish will still be there! After all,after you have spent the day sitting on a muddy lake bank to catch a fish all you do is put the bloody thing back!

Storm Workshop Days are few & far between, miss this one & more than likely there wont be another until next year.

Only joking really, if fishing floats your boat & it's something you have been looking forward to for a while go for it.

Thanks for the offer of the Stand I may take you up on that depending on the numbers attending. Don't forget I have your Std mirrors still here.

Have you booked in for CCT surgery with Tony yet?

Mac. (not a fisherman)