VTR SWINGARM & USD FORKS CONVERSION

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
alexmac

Re: VTR SWINGARM & USD FORKS CONVERSION

Post by alexmac »

tony.mon wrote:nice bit of work, did you weigh the parts to see if there's any weight saving?
hi, i did not weigh, any of the part's but i think about 2-3 lbs f/wheel. 3-5lbs r/wheel?
the sp2 swingarm's about half the weigh of firestorm one? im told the fireblade fork's yoke's and bar's
are lighter than standard one's( but don't know) the ex-can's + link pipe's weigh 3 kgs. big saveing over standard. im hopeing to get the bike on a weigh bridge soon so will let you know. all the best alexmac
seb421

Post by seb421 »

alexmac wrote:
tony.mon wrote:nice bit of work, did you weigh the parts to see if there's any weight saving?
hi, i did not weigh, any of the part's but i think about 2-3 lbs f/wheel. 3-5lbs r/wheel?
the sp2 swingarm's about half the weigh of firestorm one? im told the fireblade fork's yoke's and bar's
are lighter than standard one's( but don't know) the ex-can's + link pipe's weigh 3 kgs. big saveing over standard. im hopeing to get the bike on a weigh bridge soon so will let you know. all the best alexmac

I picked up an SP2 swinger a while ago and it was defo heaver than the storms unit

As for the 954 front end its significantly lighter than stock, Firestorm forks are very heavy in comparison
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
alexmac

Post by alexmac »

hi. there's no way the storm's swinger is lighter than the sp2 ( read tweety.s thread. superhawk forum)
for it's size, the storm arm's a real heavy weight. sure the sp2 one, you picked up,didn't still have the wheel attached.? all the best alexmac.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

ive seen his blogging, but unless i saw both on a weight scale i would disagree.

the 954 unit i had a while ago felt lighter but when i picked that up then the storms the storms was actually lighter

I like the SP2 swinger but imo its just to dam long for the storm
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:
Here a picture of my Storm
I meant to say Carl, I thought your bike was looking really clean and tidy :clap: 8) 8) The minimal amount of graphics works very well IMHO.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Chris. The only reason there are no decals on the fairing is because the bike has had a crash at some stage. It don't look to bad in the pics but whoever sprayed the fairing didn't do a very good job and there is a small dent in the tank.

There's going to be some big changes next year. 19ltank and CBR1000 clocks, Black frame, swingarm and fork lowers, Ohlins fork springs and a brace, bodywork resprayed Chrome (I may leave the fairing lower Black), Gold wheels, Window showing the clutch and clutch plate painted gold, wrinkled Black/Graphite paint on both the clutch and generator cover, undertail and tail tidy, led indi's all around, GSXR 1000 mirrors with indi's, Gold anodised Pro bolt bits and bobs. I may even do the Harris rearsets Gold as well. I might have a go at trying to make an all in one Mario Nava style tail fairing with a little cubbyhole, New seat cover and either modded (cut down)) seat or a different seat depending on the Nava style, Then I shall be putting Gold mesh over the rads, front scoops, fairing lower and I would like some cut outs on the forward sides of tail fairing with gold mesh.

As for performance I want to slot my cam sprockets so I can at least make miner adjustments to compensate for chain wear. Heads are coming off so I can sort the front broken exhaust stud (pipe is spot welded on at the mo :eek2) and I shall at least give it all a de-coke, but I will probably do some light porting and lightly re-grind the valves back into the seats. I may also put some exhaust cams in as inlets.

That's my plans anyway. Whether I get it all done in a year is another thing :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's a fine wish list you have there Carl of modifications for your VTR next year, I admire your enthusiasm :clap:
I cannot say I've come across another Firestorm painted with Chrome paint.

Chris.