White Tachometer Face

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: White Tachometer Face

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote: I feel disrespected..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was going to say hard cheese :wink: :lol: but in your case hard pineapple and cheese seems more appropriate :wink: :lol: :lol:

Chris.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

O.K,

Where can I get one?
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 55#p319789

As far as we know there's nothing availablbe off the shelf. There's a plan for Lloyd to send me a dismantled clock face so I can draw it out in Adobe Illustrator and see about getting custom overlays produced.

Probably a vinyl sticker that can be stuck over the original dial face and just requiring a scalpel to tidy up.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 55#p319789

As far as we know there's nothing availablbe off the shelf. There's a plan for Lloyd to send me a dismantled clock face so I can draw it out in Adobe Illustrator and see about getting custom overlays produced.

Probably a vinyl sticker that can be stuck over the original dial face and just requiring a scalpel to tidy up.
would it be possible to get them printed on to a card of some sort making it a direct replacement wicky?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Wicky wrote:http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 55#p319789

Yep the full set will be sent Friday as I have the speedo face back now :-)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kenmoore wrote:O.K,

Where can I get one?
Cough cough :problem:
sirch345 wrote:I'm not sure if this is any help as it was a very long time ago, but it might be worth a call or an email.

Stratman's Storm has white a faced speedo dial, I asked him the same question. Have a look at his reply in this link 3rd post down:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... rs#p168027

It looks like this was the company he mentions:-
http://www.scorpio-electronics.co.uk/

Chris.
Chris.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Thanks lads.

One of the frustrations of owning a Storm here in the antipodies is how hard it is to get custom parts.

Your efforts and advice are much appreciated.

Whenever I try and get ods and sods as soon as you say that the bits are for a 9 year old Storm I usually get a wry smile and comments like"Oh yeah, they were a good bike" to which I usually reply "They still are"

Any hoo, thanks for your help. :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kenmoore wrote:Thanks lads.

One of the frustrations of owning a Storm here in the antipodies is how hard it is to get custom parts.

Your efforts and advice are much appreciated.

Whenever I try and get ods and sods as soon as you say that the bits are for a 9 year old Storm I usually get a wry smile and comments like"Oh yeah, they were a good bike" to which I usually reply "They still are"

Any hoo, thanks for your help. :beer: :beer:
Oops I just checked where you are Ken :)

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: It's easy to forget we have worldwide members on here sometimes.

I think the best bet here is to hold on until wicky has done the artwork (nice one Lloyd/wicky :clap: :clap: ) then it can easily be downloaded and one can take it along to any printers and get it printed off on whatever material one wants. It could easily be attached to the existing one or even make a different backing plate for it. Oooo I just had an idea Printed on transparent background (Alpha channel) and mounted on Carbon fibre. :think: Oh... what a shame I intend on changing my dash to CBR.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I was thinking about using this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360498838931? ... 26_rdc%3D1
To stick it on and cut to shape as the light will show through and help in seeing the speed you shouldn't be doing
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:

I think the best bet here is to hold on until wicky has done the artwork (nice one Lloyd/wicky :clap: :clap: ) then it can easily be downloaded and one can take it along to any printers and get it printed off on whatever material one wants. It could easily be attached to the existing one or even make a different backing plate for it. Oooo I just had an idea Printed on transparent background (Alpha channel) and mounted on Carbon fibre. :think: Oh... what a shame I intend on changing my dash to CBR.

You're right Carl it is easy to forget we have members from all over the globe, just because we live in the UK. It doesn't help of course when they don't add that info under their user name :lol: although that is their choice I know :eh:

That's not a bad idea with Lloydie and Wicky :clap: :clap: doing that, although I'm not sure I want to be pulling my speedo apart to fit it, especially removing the needle 8O

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

You're right Carl it is easy to forget we have members from all over the globe, just because we live in the UK. It doesn't help of course when they don't add that info under their user name :lol: although that is their choice I know :eh:

That's not a bad idea with Lloydie and Wicky :clap: :clap: doing that, although I'm not sure I want to be pulling my speedo apart to fit it, especially removing the needle 8O

Chris.
I pulled one apart to get the face and it wasn't easy ! It'll be nice if it still works when I put it back together :lol:
You also need a red needle too as the speedo one is white ,you could paint it I know ,
As I did it to my old 75k speedo if it don't work after it's no real loss so it's a good one to test on .
But I do like the idea if cutting the sticker in half and fitting it that way but will there be enough light shining through ? Time will tell I suppose
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If wicky selects the digits etc and puts an Alpha channel on, then it would be possible to have a transparent background. Separate the background colour from printing.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Lloydie before you start dismantling here's a link with hints and tips

http://www.antun.com/sv650tach/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Wicky wrote:Lloydie before you start dismantling here's a link with hints and tips

http://www.antun.com/sv650tach/
It was taken to bits months ago (4)
But I'll have a read now :thumbup: