Looks like it's the last one

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

Re: Looks like it's the last one

Post by agentpineapple »

my old one was iirc P94 NLP, I might be wrong tho....I ordered a tiny numberplate for it, and I got the numbers the wrong way round.....doh!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Of course they are lloydie :oops: . Every days a school day :lol: :crazy:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote:No I have other plans than a spondon frame I'm going with rogers bracing for miss piggy
That sounds good to me :)

How on earth does a Spondon Firestorm end up with a SSSarm :?: No disrespect to anyone who has or would like a sssarm on their Firestorm (I like the look of them myself), but surely the Spondon bikes were built to get the best from them handling-wise. So why would you want to lengthen the wheelbase by 2" (50mm) and mess up the good handling by fitting a sssarm :?:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:
lloydie wrote:No I have other plans than a spondon frame I'm going with rogers bracing for miss piggy
That sounds good to me :)

How on earth does a Spondon Firestorm end up with a SSSarm :?: No disrespect to anyone who has or would like a sssarm on their Firestorm (I like the look of them myself), but surely the Spondon bikes were built to get the best from them handling-wise. So why would you want to lengthen the wheelbase by 2" (50mm) and mess up the good handling by fitting a sssarm :?:

Chris.
Because they're crazy ! . Shame the spondons got stripped in the first place and at least one still lives in it's truest form :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

also doesn't the frame have to be drilled to change the position of the rear shock when you do the sssa conversion, once done that would properly mess up a spondon frame for good.... :(
I still love the sssa look, but I don't think I could be bothered with the hassle it takes to make it work properly...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

if you look at the ebay ad, you can see its running the old style 6 spoke wheel from the early cbr600 and some of the Honda 400's
hence the strange front discs.
the more I look at the pics the more I like it, he doesn't even mention the spondon frame in the advert, does he even know it's one of only 6 ever made.
not that it will hugely effect the price.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

although...... i have seen others do the spondon ears themselves so there could be some confusion in the 6 "real" frames.

for example, this is not one of the spondon frames

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You can see it has the spondon rear sets too .
Only spondon made the ears like that and yes others have had ears fitted but not like spondon as spondon no longer have the moulds to cast them
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jscobey wrote:although...... i have seen others do the spondon ears themselves so there could be some confusion in the 6 "real" frames.

This was a race bike owned by one Kevin Van de Warp & raced in the UK Thunderbike series. The frame was running an SP rear end & was modified by them to take it.

Bike was sold on when he went over to the dark side & bought a R1.

There was/is another Storm being raced in the same series with a similar home brewed rear end treatment & frame mod.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:if you look at the ebay ad, you can see its running the old style 6 spoke wheel from the early cbr600 and some of the Honda 400's
hence the strange front discs.
the more I look at the pics the more I like it, he doesn't even mention the spondon frame in the advert, does he even know it's one of only 6 ever made.
not that it will hugely effect the price.
Reading the add it says it's been written off at some point and I bet this is the yellow one been put back on the road .
And yes the frame needs drilled for the rear shock relocation .
Not sure the frame would bump up the price as it's just a frame without the rest of the parts .
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Do the spondon frames have similar braceing to the Roger D style bracing? Or is it just the addition of the ears.

And lloydie are you saying the bike I posted does or does not have a spondon frame?
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It looks like the ears have been added on as an extra to me, not genuine Spondon.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jscobey wrote:although...... i have seen others do the spondon ears themselves so there could be some confusion in the 6 "real" frames.

Guys, as I'm thick and not knowledgable :crazy: When you talking about the "ears " are we referring to the ally sections the rear sets are fitted to in front of the swinger?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Exactly mate. A little bit of extra rigidity like on the SP frames.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

funny thing is they weren't needed....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!