Think it's dead

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hamrammr

Re: Think it's dead

Post by Hamrammr »

Are you sure because my storm turn over with the kill-switch in off? Maybe something is bypassed on mine though...
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Really? All bike I had never turned over with kill switch off even the storm
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Hamrammr

Post by Hamrammr »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Really? All bike I had never turned over with kill switch off even the storm
:) For a moment I doubted myself but I just checked and it turns over if the switch is in the engine off position. Maybe it is only on my bike or South African ones. I have a 2005 which have the large fuel tank but it still have the old style clocks, so maybe we received some oddballs.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

strange, my bike wont turn over with the killswitch off, its an R plate old one
AMcQ
domdom

Post by domdom »

Had tight kill switch, but mine don't turn over if it's in the off position, all lights, horn work fine spins over like a good'un just no spark, pulling what hair got left out, how can it go from running too not in the time it took to pay for the petrol...... bloody electrics :D :D
domdom

Post by domdom »

Could it be a naff wire somewhere in the loom ?? Would it be worth trying to find it p, or would it just be easier to get another loom ? If so how bad of a job is that ??
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

domdom wrote:Could it be a naff wire somewhere in the loom ?? Would it be worth trying to find it p, or would it just be easier to get another loom ? If so how bad of a job is that ??

Not difficult to change the loom. Body work off, tank off, heat sheild at front of carbs off, battery out.

Take a few pics on your phone to see where every thing goes...

Start unplugging. If you start at the front & work to the back. The rad tepm sender wire & the TPS are the only conectors on the right & run under the frame spar in front of the carbs, thats why the heat sheild has to come off...

The rest of it just pulls through with a bit of wiggling getting the bunch of connectors out past the frame at the rear of the engine can be abit of a PITA but removing the batt helps as the plastic batt box is fleixible enough with the batt out of the way. Also helps make life easier to drop the undertray, just undo the rear fixings & pop it off its lugs & let it drop down.

Once off just refit the replacement loom in revese of taking it off...I would get it in place & only start connecting things once happy with how it sits. All the conections should have a bit of slack if it's fitted right.

IMO the biggest issue is finding a loom 2nd hand that hasn't been cut/bodged/butcherd in some way...check the pics very carefully before clicking buy!

I've changed two compleat looms with no probs...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
domdom wrote:Could it be a naff wire somewhere in the loom ?? Would it be worth trying to find it p, or would it just be easier to get another loom ? If so how bad of a job is that ??

Not difficult to change the loom. Body work off, tank off, heat sheild at front of carbs off, battery out.

Take a few pics on your phone to see where every thing goes...

Start unplugging. If you start at the front & work to the back. The rad tepm sender wire & the TPS are the only conectors on the right & run under the frame spar in front of the carbs, thats why the heat sheild has to come off...

The rest of it just pulls through with a bit of wiggling getting the bunch of connectors out past the frame at the rear of the engine can be abit of a PITA but removing the batt helps as the plastic batt box is fleixible enough with the batt out of the way. Also helps make life easier to drop the undertray, just undo the rear fixings & pop it off its lugs & let it drop down.

Once off just refit the replacement loom in revese of taking it off...I would get it in place & only start connecting things once happy with how it sits. All the conections should have a bit of slack if it's fitted right.

IMO the biggest issue is finding a loom 2nd hand that hasn't been cut/bodged/butcherd in some way...check the pics very carefully before clicking buy!

I've changed two compleat looms with no probs...

Feck all worked, No Problem :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
domdom

Post by domdom »

Should have loom Monday, £45 looked good in pics. Will have to wait and see when it turns up..... On a brighter note have had time as bike in bit to fit samco hoses, and fireblade 929 calipers and master cylinder :D :D