what bike did you have and let go but would like back

General Bike chat
Kev L

Re: what bike did you have and let go but would like back

Post by Kev L »

Suzuki TS250m, bought it for £100 back in 1980 then stripped and rebuilt it. Great fun bike to punt around central London on. Sold it to a mate so I could get a GT380 I had been offered. The TS was nicked about 4 months after I flogged it. MYL504P RIP. :thumbdown:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I am 60 this month and have owned 43 motorcycles that I can remember.

I wish I still had all of them however there are some notable ones listed below , however not in order.

Cr125 Honda Elsinore , raced this for 18 months ,

A couple of 1974 RD350 Yamahas, loved them because they kept much larger bike honest or in some cases embarrassed them .

1974 Ochre Yellow 750 SS Ducati , was batting above my weight here and had to sell it.

1976 Suzuki Water bottle, did 96,000 Klms on this bike, what a beast !

Triumph Daytona 500, ex Police bike, think it was a 68 model, when it was right it was a blast.

Yamaha TRX850, 2001 model and an absolute blast but not fast enough, that is the bike that lead me to the VTR.

A couple of Aprillias and a new 906 Paso.

There have been a lot of on and off road bikes that all hold fond memories for me but the one that I regret most is a 1981 RD250 LC with a set of chambers that I bought new.

I have tried to find it as I sold it to a local but to date no joy.

I shudder every time I see one of the above for sale, look at the price and admonish myself for having sold it.

Older members with family will understand that bikes are a luxury and no matter what it is the freedom that it gives is priceless.

Bad day, go for a ride on a familiar road and remember what it felt like on another bike that you owned in another time.

Bikes are good for the soul, some more so than others.

The reason that I love the VTR is that it offers a raw bike experience and I hope to never have to part with it, but if it came to pass that I had to I would be posting VTR1000F.

Cheers :thumbup:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

kenmoore wrote:I am 60 this month and have owned 43 motorcycles that I can remember.

I wish I still had all of them however there are some notable ones listed below , however not in order.

Snip....

Bad day, go for a ride on a familiar road and remember what it felt like on another bike that you owned in another time.

The reason that I love the VTR is that it offers a raw bike experience and I hope to never have to part with it, but if it came to pass that I had to I would be posting VTR1000F.

Very similar to you Ken, except that I'm 65 this year, have had a few less bikes and there was ONE bike I was pleased to get rid of, the bloody Multistrada.

I'm doing a technical presentation on motorcycles next month for my driving club. I'm going to finish it off with a little homily along the lines of - "When I get on a bike everything else disappears, I'm not thinking about work, the trouble and strife, what I'm having for dinner. I'm on a different planet, at one with this world but not part of it. Every time I'm on a bike I'm wearing a happy face"
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

True That!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
redpig

Post by redpig »

Suzuki PE 175 magic little bike
ook
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I hate these threads. List after list of fantastic bikes most of which I've never seen, nevermind owned. Just leaves me feeling jealous and wishing I've not been such a pussy when I was younger. :cry: :cry:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I Know what you mean.
I was never a pussy :wink: but I had to buy what I could afford and it had to be practical for everyday use as I never owned a car. (I'm proud to say I'm only on my second car now and I was over forty when I bought my first :D )
I suppose my best all rounder was the CBR1000F. You could do anything with it. Not all of it well but it never let me down :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MrRossi

Post by MrRossi »

This GSXR1000 Ltd Edn K4. Built by Crescent. Yoshimura ecu and cams. 180whp and 170 kg. Absolutely insane bike. Too much for the road or certainly a bit much for the 70 mile commute I used to do on it. Just want to feel the sillyness again.
Attachments
269937_105803422848857_5300640_n.jpg
269937_105803422848857_5300640_n.jpg (57.23 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my sp1, just as an investment, and to sit and look at it's beauty.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I owned a couple of Moto Morini 3 1/2s and they were fantastic. It's too bad that I looked like an elephant humping a bale of hay when riding them. They were really too small for me but they were a boat load of fun and they were Italian stylish.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Miztaziggy

Re: RE: Re: what bike did you have and let go but would like back

Post by Miztaziggy »

MrRossi wrote:This GSXR1000 Ltd Edn K4. Built by Crescent. Yoshimura ecu and cams. 180whp and 170 kg. Absolutely insane bike. Too much for the road or certainly a bit much for the 70 mile commute I used to do on it. Just want to feel the sillyness again.
That's like my track bike :-)
DSC_8150.JPG
DSC_8150.JPG (62.36 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
kenmoore wrote:I am 60 this month and have owned 43 motorcycles that I can remember.

Snip....

Very similar to you Ken, except that I'm 65 this year, have had a few less bikes and there was ONE bike I was pleased to get rid of, the bloody Multistrada.

I'm doing a technical presentation on motorcycles next month for my driving club. I'm going to finish it off with a little homily along the lines of - "When I get on a bike everything else disappears, I'm not thinking about work, the trouble and strife, what I'm having for dinner. I'm on a different planet, at one with this world but not part of it. Every time I'm on a bike I'm wearing a happy face"
i have to say big man. it makes me smile hearing the joy you get from bikes. :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
redpig

Post by redpig »

agentpineapple wrote:my sp1, just as an investment, and to sit and look at it's beauty.
Beautiful
I would sit and look at it as well if I had one.
One day maybe...
ook
longandlow

Post by longandlow »

I would love this one back.
longandlow

Post by longandlow »

And this one