Numpty moments...

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: Numpty moments...

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Oooo, plenty of times. Most memorable was half way along a dirt track from Tambo to Alpha in Queensland, mid 70's, on my Mach3. It was a short cut. Totally in the middle of nowhere. Dropped it in some bulldust, a common occurrrence. But, this time the bike wouldn't start. Over an hour later after all the plugs had been changed, carbs removed and cleaned. all electrical connections and fuses checked, exhausted by constantly kicking the thing over .... noticed the kill switch.... Doh.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Oooo, plenty of times. Most memorable was half way along a dirt track from Tambo to Alpha in Queensland, mid 70's, on my Mach3. It was a short cut. Totally in the middle of nowhere. Dropped it in some bulldust, a common occurrrence. But, this time the bike wouldn't start. Over an hour later after all the plugs had been changed, carbs removed and cleaned. all electrical connections and fuses checked, exhausted by constantly kicking the thing over .... noticed the kill switch.... Doh.

:lol: :lol: Top Numptie... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Forgetting to fit an oring to the fuel sender and then filling the tank up 20l in a 16l tank and wondering why my boots were getting wet !0
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

remembered another. GPz 900 parked up in Chiswick, new girlfriend all kitted out ready for the ride of her life (that came later actually, but hey don't ruin the story :wink: ) so the GPz's nice and warm, girlfriend hot as wombles, leg over, revs rise, let the throttle out and wombles me, forgot to take the shackle lock off the back wheel :oops: :oops: