what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it in the beginning of the expected gale for this weekend...It's gettin blowy out there...

Came home changed oil & fillter, didn't clean it...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Took the Storm for a thrash on Thursday in the rain. Magnificent! So, yesterday it was treated to a deep clean. Getting your fingers on every part of it is the best way to make sure all is in order. Then took the R6 out after brake pads and fluids change. What a difference. Crap in the slow stuff but perfect for head banging mode. Anything less than national speed limit seems wasted.
Then.... picked up the KTM (2004 LC4 640) this morning. Really really clean. A lovely back roads bike. Strong, very little vibration. My only major prob was counting gears (it only has 5), kept on looking for 6th (or changing down into 1st when I didn't need to). All I need now is a little stroker and my motorcycle nirvana will be complete.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

bigtwinthing wrote:still a special looking Storm Jamoi :thumbup:
Thanks Paul :)
Wicky wrote:
Jamoi wrote:
I no longer have a car, so I'm not sure how I'm getting to work tomorrow... :lol: :wtf: :lol: :beer: [/img]
Did you get sorted? If I knew before today you could have borrowed my Transalp. Cycled by your gaff on Tues and it looked a bit of a building site!
That's very very kind Wicky, I rode my little New Zealand Raleigh Twenty* to work today! Blimey that was tough. But should see me right until I finish my motorbike.

Next door has been bought and is currently undergoing renovation, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

*Raleigh Twenty (carried a 6ft 2" man to work this morning... haha) Image

Be good to catch up soon
tony.mon wrote:I'm posting one today.
Tony to the rescue again :clap: Thanks a bunch dude.
Jamie :wave:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Took the Storm for a thrash on Thursday in the rain. Magnificent! So, yesterday it was treated to a deep clean. Getting your fingers on every part of it is the best way to make sure all is in order. Then took the R6 out after brake pads and fluids change. What a difference. Crap in the slow stuff but perfect for head banging mode. Anything less than national speed limit seems wasted.
Then.... picked up the KTM (2004 LC4 640) this morning. Really really clean. A lovely back roads bike. Strong, very little vibration. My only major prob was counting gears (it only has 5), kept on looking for 6th (or changing down into 1st when I didn't need to). All I need now is a little stroker and my motorcycle nirvana will be complete.
Loved my 640lc :thumbup:
NZSpokes

Re: what have you done to your

Post by NZSpokes »

Jamoi wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:still a special looking Storm Jamoi :thumbup:
Thanks Paul :)
Wicky wrote:
Jamoi wrote:
I no longer have a car, so I'm not sure how I'm getting to work tomorrow... :lol: :wtf: :lol: :beer: [/img]
Did you get sorted? If I knew before today you could have borrowed my Transalp. Cycled by your gaff on Tues and it looked a bit of a building site!
That's very very kind Wicky, I rode my little New Zealand Raleigh Twenty* to work today! Blimey that was tough. But should see me right until I finish my motorbike.

Next door has been bought and is currently undergoing renovation, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

*Raleigh Twenty (carried a 6ft 2" man to work this morning... haha) Image

Be good to catch up soon
tony.mon wrote:I'm posting one today.
Tony to the rescue again :clap: Thanks a bunch dude.
Of all things you shipped that home?

Winter is coming, about time you came back?
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Fitted a 12v socket to the front sub frame wired into the front live brake switch wire (white with green )and mounted a waterproof phone case so I can use a lap timer app (track addict )that I have .
I also have a gps speedo app (just speed) so I don't get stopped for speeding on route to the track .
I'm in the process of wiring in some Cree LEDs .
Just trying to get all the little jobs done before I re-build the bike back up .
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

NZSpokes wrote: Of all things you shipped that home?

Winter is coming, about time you came back?
Haha yeah I really ought to head back over soon, really don't want to miss out on that frosty weather! :lol:

I had to bring the Twenty back, it's a NZ specific model and holds some awesome memories - just incase I don't return in the future.

lloydie wrote:Fitted a 12v socket to the front sub frame wired into the front live brake switch wire (white with green )and mounted a waterproof phone case so I can use a lap timer app (track addict )that I have .
I also have a gps speedo app (just speed) so I don't get stopped for speeding on route to the track .
I'm in the process of wiring in some Cree LEDs .
Just trying to get all the little jobs done before I re-build the bike back up .
Putting some thoughtful touches on the track bike dude :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripped, cleaned, lubed & didn't rebuild the swing arm off Nue Red as I decided to laquer the triangle link...Rebuild tomorrow, refit tomorrow with the Nitron back in & then put the swingarm thats on that on to the Custard Crumble...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

all very boring today here, oil,filter,plugs and a good spring clean of the wee divvy.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

fabiostar wrote:a good spring clean of the wee divvy.
Can't Virt wash himself yet? ffs :lol:
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Jamoi wrote:
fabiostar wrote:a good spring clean of the wee divvy.
Can't Virt wash himself yet? ffs :lol:
he asked nicely lol :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Swingarm ready to go back on tomorrow along with re-painted subframe. Discovered that getting a polished alloy finish by hand is not a job I have the time or patience for.
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Caned Silverstorm round Shropshire for a couple of hours this morning,
Did 105 miles,very wet and windy out there at times,
All my shiny black bits are now brown :D

Put SS away and went and drank some beer :beer:
and didn't clean :roll:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Tried again to get the exhaust flanges off the spare TRX. Warmed up, plenty of PlusGas on, then burnt my facking hand on the headers, right on the pad of the thumb on right hand. Hurts like hell. Put the bike away and went in search of cooling beer :cry:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Changed the bearings in the Triangle link plate off of Nue Red as the old ones were a bit crunchy put the swingarm all back together then put it aside for another time...

Tore down The Custard crumble to fit a replacement choke cable only to find the rear cable to carb nut was fubar & wouldn't do up...Changed it for one off the old cable & sorted it out...Then took off the throttle to lube up the cable & clean & lube the tube as it was a bit on the stiff side, boxed it all back up just in time for the downpour...