General Biker Banter
vtwin goody

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by vtwin goody »

put new reg rec on so fingers crossed no more issues :thumbup:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

vanstub wrote:lol cheers guys :thumbup: worst bit is buggered me leg as well fecker
torn muscle according to a&e :crazy:
Speedy recovery dude :thumbup:
AMCQ46 wrote:yesterday was 1st ride of the year on the Storm when I sneaked out to get new backtyre.

fun to be out and start getting the reactions back up to speed, new Mich PR2 helped stabilise things, but still not as planted as I remember!
Still a bit salty on the roads round Essex, the grip isn't quite up to scratch yet :thumbdown:
Jamie :wave:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Installed my new valve shim courtesy of Tony.mon, which now puts all my valve clearances within spec :)

Installed cams, checked valve clearances and cam chain tension, set carbs back to factory settings (I'm convinced the front fuel mixture screw has unwound itself previously).

Fitted all new exhaust gaskets with a bit of hi-temp sealant, sounds super smooth & crisp now.

All back together sounding great and ready for work in the morning :) :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Jamoi wrote:
vanstub wrote:lol cheers guys :thumbup: worst bit is buggered me leg as well fecker
AMCQ46 wrote:yesterday was 1st ride of the year on the Storm when I sneaked out to get new backtyre.

fun to be out and start getting the reactions back up to speed, new Mich PR2 helped stabilise things, but still not as planted as I remember!
Still a bit salty on the roads round Essex, the grip isn't quite up to scratch yet :thumbdown:
Took a 35 mile trip down the A68 on Tuesday evening, about 18:30. Glorious sunny evening only spoilt by gritter lorries spewing out salt. On the way home about 22:00 it was torrential rain, absolutely hammering down. Nice clean roads the next morning!

ps. Thumbs up for Lloydie who recommended Richa 2 piece waterproofs. Absolutely mint. Even when "making progress" in very heavy rain, bone dry. Recommended.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

+1 on the Richa waterproofs, good value and effective :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Jamoi wrote:Installed my new valve shim courtesy of Tony.mon, which now puts all my valve clearances within spec :)

Installed cams, checked valve clearances and cam chain tension, set carbs back to factory settings (I'm convinced the front fuel mixture screw has unwound itself previously).

Fitted all new exhaust gaskets with a bit of hi-temp sealant, sounds super smooth & crisp now.

All back together sounding great and ready for work in the morning :) :thumbup:
Pop some ptfe tape on it next time just in case it does work loose .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
Jamoi wrote:

Took a 35 mile trip down the A68 on Tuesday evening, about 18:30. Glorious sunny evening only spoilt by gritter lorries spewing out salt. On the way home about 22:00 it was torrential rain, absolutely hammering down. Nice clean roads the next morning!

ps. Thumbs up for Lloydie who recommended Richa 2 piece waterproofs. Absolutely mint. Even when "making progress" in very heavy rain, bone dry. Recommended.
They are good . I used mine all winter and never got wet once .
Cheap but very well made .
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Rang the mechanic, no chance the TRX will be ready this weekend - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh :Argue 1:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Picked up an engine from a very nice chap down south (thank you )
Got home at 16:30 and went to work building piggy back up .
Call it a night at 21:30 with a fee little jobs left to do .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed two weeks worth of crap off the Custard Crumble... I was trying to do a Tony with this Yella one but It got too much for me & I had to clean it... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:Washed two weeks worth of crap off the Custard Crumble... I was trying to do a Tony with this Yella one but It got too much for me & I had to clean it... :lol: :lol:
Practice and you'll find after a few months you don't give a sh1t anymore :-).

Today I took piggy out for a short shake down run (10 miles or less) I'll give it a once over tomorrow after work before I take it out and get used to a Vtr again .
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Gave silverstorm a good clean :thumbup:
and topped up the oil, again !
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Got it back together after VTR Phoenix finished painting the lower belly pan. He's done a grand job I think you'll agree. Cheers Paul :thumbup:

Great service all round
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Spanked piggy down the lanes to get a feel for a Vtr again .
The love has returned :-)
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

mellis wrote:Got it back together after VTR Phoenix finished painting the lower belly pan. He's done a grand job I think you'll agree. Cheers Paul :thumbup:

Great service all round

No worries Mark, happy your pleased with it, hope you got a cup of tea on collection that is part of the service as well lol (and the Mrs stood over you supervising while you do bike stuff)
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!