what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bazza696

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bazza696 »

Picked my wheels up for the buffer with new PR2's fitted, fitted them but cleaned the crap off the bike from the previous owner, found rust on the swingarm that had to be sorted. Just need to adjust and clean the chain then scrub the tyres in Sunday and its first shake down after all of work.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

lloydie wrote:Spanked piggy down the lanes to get a feel for a Vtr again .
The love has returned :-)
Good man, once a VTR'er always a VTR'er!
mellis wrote:Got it back together after VTR Phoenix finished painting the lower belly pan. He's done a grand job I think you'll agree. Cheers Paul :thumbup:

Great service all round
Looks nice for a red'un :clap:
bazza696 wrote:Picked my wheels up for the buffer with new PR2's fitted, fitted them but cleaned the crap off the bike from the previous owner, found rust on the swingarm that had to be sorted. Just need to adjust and clean the chain then scrub the tyres in Sunday and its first shake down after all of work.
What bike is this?? Need pics young man!
Jamie :wave:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Found out while changing the plugs that my GSXR was not retarded. It had a TRE fitted which meant that it was supposed to remove the factory programmed settings for retarding the timing in the first 4 gears and remove the top speed limiter. Issues were when you pulled the clutch in the revs would jump 200 and drop back down when released, seemed to stumble at low revs and had what I thought was a slow pick up. Removed the TRE and strangely pulls harder and smoother without it so maybe it was shot.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Over the weekend...Took the temp fitted swingarm off Nue red & re fitted the origonal with the Nitron back on after a quick serice & lube of the swinger.

Took the swinger off Custard Crumble & fitted on the spare fully serviced one that had been on Nue Red as a Temp...

The one that came off was a bit worse for wear...all the bolts in the linkage were a nice crusty white colour the bearings hardly turning in the dog leg & the triangle pretty much seized solid...36K on the bike it's probably not been serviced once since new... That'll be another job for another day, strip & inspect, replace what needs replacing & move on...

Cleaned up the sprocket cover & whipped out the clutch push rod for a clean up as well...

Need to balance the carbs on the Custard but it has no front take off so that'll have to wait...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Spanked piggy around mallory all day .
What a bike got my lap down to 104s love the rsv front end and Brembo brakes :-) these mantis tyres grip so well it's crazy and only £150 a set .
Think I'll be buying more [THUMBS UP SIGN]
After the first wet session
ImageImage
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

4th session. Sticking behind ck
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Looks like fun, great vid and probably a whole lot safer than me
caining mine round wales today !! :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took my first ride in 5 mths, it didn't last long tho, rode 4 miles to my local petrol station, filled up with go juice, bumped into a friend, had a cuppa coffee, then used the really strong pressure washer to clean the bike, 5 mths worth of dust needed dealing with. then more talking and coffee. went to start the bike and it's flat as a pancake. tried bumping it down a slope in 4th gear and nothing, luckily my mate rode back to mine to collect some jump leads. whilst he was gone things go from bad to worse. I pushed the bike back up a slope to have another try at bumping it, still no joy, but all of a sudden I have no front brakes.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
the fluid is leaking from the banjo on the rhs caliper ffs.
once my mate returned, the bike fired up straight away..... :thumbup:
I then had to ride 4 miles home with no front brakes, it's amazing how good the engine braking is.
I checked the banjo, it did tighten up a tad but not much at all. but now I have to re bleed the feckers again.....arghhhhh!!!!!
a real pita when each caliper has 2 nipples and the inner nipple is tough to reach.
at least I found the problem whilst travelling slowly, it could have been worse.
I also knew the battery was in a bad way, it's now on charge over night, and i'm hoping to go for another ride tomorrow.
it was still great to be back on two wheels..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

lloydie wrote:Spanked piggy around mallory all day .
What a bike got my lap down to 104s love the rsv front end and Brembo brakes :-) these mantis tyres grip so well it's crazy and only £150 a set .
Think I'll be buying more [THUMBS UP SIGN]
After the first wet session
ImageImage
What sorta tyres? they look well sticky?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:4th session. Sticking behind ck
is it just me, but after watching the video, it seemed like certain riders shouldn't have been in that group, I assume you guys were in the inters?
but some of those riders should have been in the beginners group.
looked like you guys were having fun tho.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

We were in the novice group due to Chris confidence and me not knowing piggy or the tyres .
By the end of the day I was going faster than ever :-) Chris did get better but not as fast as he was before his crash from Spain (not surprised tbh and glad he's slowed down and thinking more ) .

The tyres are very sticky ,they were up to temp within 2 laps and I could go for it .
They gripped so well and never gave me any sign they were letting go .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:took my first ride in 5 mths, it didn't last long tho, rode 4 miles to my local petrol station, filled up with go juice, bumped into a friend, had a cuppa coffee, then used the really strong pressure washer to clean the bike, 5 mths worth of dust needed dealing with. then more talking and coffee. went to start the bike and it's flat as a pancake. tried bumping it down a slope in 4th gear and nothing, luckily my mate rode back to mine to collect some jump leads. whilst he was gone things go from bad to worse. I pushed the bike back up a slope to have another try at bumping it, still no joy, but all of a sudden I have no front brakes.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
the fluid is leaking from the banjo on the rhs caliper ffs.
once my mate returned, the bike fired up straight away..... :thumbup:
I then had to ride 4 miles home with no front brakes, it's amazing how good the engine braking is.
I checked the banjo, it did tighten up a tad but not much at all. but now I have to re bleed the feckers again.....arghhhhh!!!!!
a real pita when each caliper has 2 nipples and the inner nipple is tough to reach.
at least I found the problem whilst travelling slowly, it could have been worse.
I also knew the battery was in a bad way, it's now on charge over night, and i'm hoping to go for another ride tomorrow.
it was still great to be back on two wheels..... :thumbup:
You were lucky they worked that long !!
Next time after you've bleed them put a cable tie on the bar and lever to hold the lever in over night to test for leeks !
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Last session .
The first 6 minutes I was behind ck waiting for his tyres to warm up .
Once warm he gave me a nod to overtake so he could learn my lines and get some footage of me .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yeah I've done the cable tie thing before, it was odd tho, as the brake felt great when I originally bled them a few months ago, and they still felt great when we set off, but I suppose they weren't under pressure until they were used. my battery is now showing fully charged, the brakes have been re-bled, but now it's raining doh!!!!
my next test ride will have to wait. great to be back on a bike again.
and lloydie, I could tell chris isn't quite back to the same pre accident level, he'll get there soon enough tho..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

agentpineapple wrote:and lloydie, I could tell chris isn't quite back to the same pre accident level, he'll get there soon enough tho..... :thumbup:

To be honest mate I haven't a clue what I want to do at the mo. Yesterday was OK. Certainly noticed I was feeling the bike a bit more and what it was doing. And I also found I was able to keep to my own pace rather than just going all out and kicking some butt but at the same time I didn't enjoy it. Not entirely sure why, don't know if it was the accident in Spain, the fact baby is nearly here, the fact i wasn't anywhere near as quick as last time or all of the above. Probably all of the above. So by the end of yesterday I found myself coming away with very mixed feelings about it all.

What am I going to do in the future with the bike? Haven't a clue. part of me thinks I should sell, another part of me wants to keep it. So at the moment its in the garage and I'm not doing anything till I can sure of it. All i know is something was making a nasty knock yesterday on the front end, quite possibly head bearings but they got a lot worse in the last session and on the way home. I just left it in the garage and haven't even thought to go and look at it since. Maybe in time who knows.

I'm not overly supprised I've lost confidence I was just supprised at how much I've lost as the couple of trips out on the road I was alright and felt fine. Obvousily I needed that speed aspect to find out. In time I guess I'll figure out what I want to do