agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" toda

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
podman wrote:
You still here?! :mrgreen:

When you heading back mate?
heading back a week on Monday mate. trying to get the bike ready for a thousand miles in 48hrs..... :lol:
You know youll piss that once you get over your side of the water mate...Sounds like a pukka road trip to me...wish I was heading over to europe this year, well be over next year for sure.
your welcome at our place anytime mate... :thumbup:
I've always welcomed forum members, even the ones with 6 fingers n toes, you know who you are.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm going to try and get as many miles done on the first day as possible, I just hope my body will cope.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR3545

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTR3545 »

New Strada 7 brake and clutch levers fitted. Black with black adjusters...nice bit of kit.. :D :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

not the bike but the car. been loosing coolant at a hell of a rate last few weeks and there was water on top of the gearbox, so the internet tells me it is 80% likely that the thermostat housing is leaking.

when did changing the thermostat go from being a simple job to becoming open heart surgery? and strangely the thermostat housing now looks like a cyborg heart

and its good to know that the new mini is even harder to work on than the old minis were, took at least an hour to remove turbo outlet, cold air inlet, expansion tank and all the main ECU wiring harness to get to the point I could see the thermostat and its many hoses and sensors. then there was no room to wield the plier handles to undo the hose clips.............. and so it went on.

oh and to top it off it was raining and I couldn't be bothered to get the bikes out of the garage so I did the work under a big garden sun shade on the drive.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote:not the bike but the car. been loosing coolant at a hell of a rate last few weeks and there was water on top of the gearbox, so the internet tells me it is 80% likely that the thermostat housing is leaking.

when did changing the thermostat go from being a simple job to becoming open heart surgery? and strangely the thermostat housing now looks like a cyborg heart

and its good to know that the new mini is even harder to work on than the old minis were, took at least an hour to remove turbo outlet, cold air inlet, expansion tank and all the main ECU wiring harness to get to the point I could see the thermostat and its many hoses and sensors. then there was no room to wield the plier handles to undo the hose clips.............. and so it went on.

oh and to top it off it was raining and I couldn't be bothered to get the bikes out of the garage so I did the work under a big garden sun shade on the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Modern technology. Wonderful ain't it.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Your lucky there wasn't a few bits in there that required tools only available at the mini main dealers garage...that's if you can find them. You might need a magnifying glass. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTRDark wrote:Your lucky there wasn't a few bits in there that required tools only available at the mini main dealers garage...that's if you can find them. You might need a magnifying glass. :lol:
I look on nice hands on, practical jobs like this as a good contrast to my day job, and usually they an be very rewarding, but I will admit there was a point in the strip down that I started to think I perhaps should have sent it into a garage 8O
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yellow one got front calipers stripped cleaned and greased.

and weirdly i put a new air filter in it a few weeks ago and my fuel consumption has changed, a lot. i put a standard hiflo filter in as always. not a lot of town riding mostly A roads and at normal kinda speeds, first tank was mid 120s before the light now this tank im at 136 and the lights still not on? i actually checked to see if it was connected :lol: . bikes running great so whatevers happened im chuffed.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:

I like your make-shift workshop roof Al :thumbup:

Chris.
xeris

Post by xeris »

fabiostar wrote:yellow one got front calipers stripped cleaned and greased.

and weirdly i put a new air filter in it a few weeks ago and my fuel consumption has changed, a lot. i put a standard hiflo filter in as always. not a lot of town riding mostly A roads and at normal kinda speeds, first tank was mid 120s before the light now this tank im at 136 and the lights still not on? i actually checked to see if it was connected :lol: . bikes running great so whatevers happened im chuffed.
A few years ago my didn't come on at the expect mileage, kept riding and guess what? ran out of gas. The the sending unit in the tank had gone bad. Maybe not what's going on with yours, but....
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yesterday inbetween the showers, I sorted out the wiring at the rear light, all the wires from the mini indis & the LED rear light were just twisted togerter & tapped up...to make it right ? So as I had to cut the wires to take the rear plastics off, I disconected the built in indis. Put propper bullet conectors on all the joins...Oh & removed the rentek fitting kit that was in there... I think thats now 5 Storms that I've had that Rentek fitting kits on them...Only once have I got the rack with them....

Today...

Stripped the front end off of The Red Shed, mainly to check/change the oil...

Not too grubby & the seal protectors look newer than the 48k on the clock...

Whilst they are out...leccy drill & wire brush...De, bog brush painted, paint off the lowers...

Need to get some paint...Got black but not sure that will work with the Gold wheels...

Could go Gold but chances are it will be a different shade to the wheels & the callipers...would look a bit mmmmmerrrrrgh 3 different shades... :lol:

Silver it is then...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

was amazed by my bike today thats what i done.. the never ending tank of petrol ,well at last my red light came on. get this? 141 miles :eek2 . straight into the fuel station and it took 14ltrs? very strange.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nipped out on Custard nice & early to get some paint for the forks...

Got back & masked up the forks just getting the second coat of etch primer on & it started spitting with rain... :thumbdown:

So brought them inside to dry, boxed up the cave & will spend most of the day doing bloody housework insted of tinkering Storms... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote:was amazed by my bike today thats what i done.. the never ending tank of petrol ,well at last my red light came on. get this? 141 miles :eek2 . straight into the fuel station and it took 14ltrs? very strange.
At least it proves you did reconnect the sender plug :clap:
45 to the gallon, that's not bad. I'll bet you won't get that much on the Scottish weekend :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Washed and polished it. Lubed and adjusted chain after I got a good soaking last Saturday. Also found out that my waterproofs ain't waterproof.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN